AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes Database.  (Read 7411 times)

Typhoon

Routes Database.
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »
Its about time this problem with the routes database is sorted out, nothing on my display ties up with what is in my Nav database (Routes),  Ive had UAE flights to / from Manchester showing on the Network as WSSS - OMDB / OMDB- EDDL , UAE17 was ZSPD-OMDB - UAE18 ZSPD-OMDB,  flight to Dublin showing OMDB - FACT, BAW Shuttle flights showing completely different route than what they should be, at this present time i have KLM1083 showing EPWA-EHAM where if fact it shold be EHAM-EGCC!!

Yet all the routes in the db show the correct route info.

Waste of time, waste of money.. thinking of selling it and either sticking with PP or going back to BS.
Typhoon

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: Routes Database.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »
Bye bye.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »
As has been stated on the Developments thread, big changes have been made to the routes table which will come into effect with the next Navdata release at the end of the month.

The info shown on your screen network or local comes from the Navdata on your computer so it cant be and isnt correct.

Just dont expect every route to be completed and be correct at once.  Over 10,000 route changes or additions have been done so far and like the aircraft table this will take time to get to the same standard but I think users will be pleased with the work done.

Alan

EK01

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »
Typhoon,

Instead of bitching about easily sorted things, why don't you do what everyone else does and go onto one of the many routes sites, get the correct information and enter it into your database or as anorak says 'bye,bye'.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »
The info shown on your screen network or local comes from the Navdata on your computer so it cant be and isnt correct.

Routes on network flights come from the network, not from Navdata.  To get correct network routes, the central server needs up-to-date route data.

Instead of bitching about easily sorted things, why don't you do what everyone else does and go onto one of the many routes sites, get the correct information and enter it into your database or as anorak says 'bye,bye'.

Which still won't correct the routes on network flights.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:58:22 PM by tarbat »

EK01

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »

Routes on network flights come from the network, not from Navdata.  To get correct network routes, the central server needs up-to-date route data.

Which still won't correct the routes on network flights.

I wouldn't know as I don't subscribe to the network but having thought about, why wouldn't it. If the information obtained from a routes site is given such as on fligthradar24 for a flight on the other side of the world that routes information would be no different from a local easyjet flight routing. The central server doesn't enter into the equation in either case. You are obtaining the information yourself and entering that into your own routes database.

Typhoon

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »
Typhoon,

As I said, the information in my NavData database is showing the correct routes,(and yes I do go to the many routes sites and update my db).  its the route information shown on the screen that incorrect, just had AFR06 showing WSSS - LFPG, when it should be LFPG - KJFK, a lot of other routes are showing opposite to what they should be, maybe if I just rotate the map 180 degrees everything will be ok!!
Typhoon

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 03:08:50 PM »
I wouldn't know as I don't subscribe to the network but having thought about, why wouldn't it. If the information obtained from a routes site is given such as on fligthradar24 for a flight on the other side of the world that routes information would be no different from a local easyjet flight routing. The central server doesn't enter into the equation in either case. You are obtaining the information yourself and entering that into your own routes database.

Because that's not how it works.  Routes on network flights DON'T use the Navdata database.  If you don't believe me, read http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4902.msg49255#msg49255

Typhoon, only AirNav can fix the routes on network flights.  Maybe this is a repeat of the "Routes Reversed" problem last year - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6106
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:12:48 PM by tarbat »

EK01

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
Fair enough Tarbart but that is why I have said disregard the Navdata database, go into a routes database and change it yourself.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »
Fair enough Tarbart but that is why I have said disregard the Navdata database, go into a routes database and change it yourself.

Change what?  There is no way for the end-user to change the routes that appear on network flights.  Typhoon has raised a valid point about network flights having incorrect routes, and only AirNav can fix that on their central server.

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »
Thanks for the correction Tarbet regarding network flightinfo.  The 10,000+ routes mentioned have been updated on the server.  Can you advise if the incorrect route is in the Navdata on the computer, should it still show up correctly on the network if its in the server if you have picked it up previously showing the incorrect info? I ask as for example the UAE18 mentioned is in the central server as EGCC-OMDB.

As they are on the central server as stated they will be in the next Navdata release.

There are plenty with the wrong info but unfortunately all mistakes wont be corrected over night as there are plenty to change and add to the d/b.  A lot of the incorrect routes have the start-finish points the wrong way round and can be easly identified but it still will take time to get round them all but a start has been made and work continues and as Tarbet states bitching wont update them only some work and some time. 

Obviously it it is showing up wrongly on the network it hasnt been updated yet but it will get done.  Please feel free to use the thread to advise and aid the update process.

Alan

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:30:30 PM by Runway 31 »

Typhoon

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 03:31:32 PM »
What I cant understand is why this has just suddenly happened? Ive not used any new databases, I only update the route info on the NavData on the PC, usually unticking / reticking Network flights sorts the problem, and as stated in original post some real silly routes are showing on local (ish) flights. 
Typhoon

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 03:37:59 PM »
Its not suddenly, the rubbish routes have been added over time by an automated server routine (trying) to work out the start/finish point and getting them the wrong way round as per Tarbets reply.   Its possible you are just noticing them now

When you are adding/changing in your d/b are you timestamping them if not they wont change

Alan

EK01

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »
Alan, glad to see you got back safely. With regard to flights appearing the wrong way round, this can also be caused by the flight crew not changing the flight ID details for the return flight eg an easyjet flight from Glasgow to Alicante would show up as such on your map but if the flight crew do not change the details for the return the flight on the map will still show Glasgow to Alicante when in fact it should be Alicante to Glasgow. The flight ID information is being picked up correctly from the AN routes d/b but is appearing incorrect on the map because the flight crew haven't changed the flight ID to the return ID. I have had several instances of that occuring.

Runway 31

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
Hi Ian,

Not home yet, on the ferry in the middle of the Bay of Biscay, relatively calm so far!!

Yes it depends on the flight ID being used but for example spent 2 datys focussed on Heathrow and the number of back to front  BA flights was amazing, same with LFPG for Air France, still some way to go but getting better.

Tarbet as you are beta testing a Navdata update is available each morning if you want it.  The Navdata updater extracts the routes data from the server so you should be able to see the updated route data which is being added each evening to the server prior to the Navdata update being run the following morning.  Even got Loganair routes included.

Alan