AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB 2008 Crashed computer - SQL error now stopping program working  (Read 32506 times)

DaveG

Re: RB 2008 Crashed computer - SQL error now stopping program working
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 06:14:26 PM »
Just had the same problem with "SQLite Error 26 - file is encrypted or is not a database"

Mine has been caused by a power outage that closed down the PC when RB was running.

Do I take it the only fix is to uninstall & reinstall, thus losing any data?  Is there no way to fix the DB?

Cornwall, UK

DaveG

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »
okay disregard, managed to fix mine by deleting two hidden files in the Data folder ( NavData.db3-journal  &  NavData.db3-stmtjrnl )  I guess these were open when the power outage happend and did not close correct!
Cornwall, UK

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 07:13:07 PM »
okay disregard, managed to fix mine by deleting two hidden files in the Data folder ( NavData.db3-journal  &  NavData.db3-stmtjrnl )  I guess these were open when the power outage happend and did not close correct!

Beware doing this, it can result in a corrupted database - see http://rbgazette.com/?p=320

Much better to open the two databases in another SQLite tool (eg SQLite Maestro), which will force the journals to be flushed.  Radarbox should attempt to flush the journals when it opens really to avoid SQLite lockout problems.

CarlosAbreu

• The sky is not the limit
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »
I had the same problem last saturday, the solution was desinstal and reinstal ANRB2008 again, I missed all flight update.

Brgds
CA
Station: Primetec PGANRB100514
Antenna: Wimo GP-1090 (AS-1090/BT-1090)
Cable: Ecoflex 10 (15m)

Station: XRange2 PGANRB501386
Antenna: Airnav Systems
Cable: LBC240 00220M (15m)

markyeulett

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »
Guys - I am getting fed up of this now - just had 2 more complete SQL error system crashes in last 30 minutes - any ideas when we will get a bug fix to this ?

Thanks
Mark

markyeulett

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »
Folks I have just read through the whole thread - are we confusing 2 issues here

- Programme Freezing - requiring shut down & restart
and
-SQLlite errors causing complte system failure, de-install, clean directories & re-install

My problem is the latter and its getting worse.  I want to ensure that AirNav are focussing on both.  The former is an irritant the latter is making the programme unusable.

Mark

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »
I've never, ever had an SQL corruption issue - and this includes all the beta testing I've done and loads of unwise mucking around with the database files - am I lucky, or is there another issue here?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 09:49:53 PM »
Hi Mark,

We haven't seen this issue regarding SQL Lite errors happening if RB is running. Obviously if RB crashes there is then a chance of it corrupting the database causing errors. We are rectifying the RB crashes and hence there will no corruption.

If you are getting corruption issues after a crash and have copied your old databases across you may need to start from scratch as they would have been corrupted.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

markyeulett

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »
Guys

You are missing the point - a number of people on this thread - which is specifically about a recurring  SQL Lite errors and created on Saturday so dont know how you have not seen it before - have experienced the same thing.  The only way to fix this is a complete de-install (including manual removal of folders and files) and reinstall.  This has happened to me 3 times and has also been reported by the following:-

CarlosAbreu
DaveG
lennox2604
Deadcalm

So its clearly.  I cant work out if you are saying you think its linked to the network drop out issues or not?  Either way I think you need to log it as a seperate bug and look at a fix (which may = same as network drop out). I am going to get increasingly frustrated if I have to uninstall/re-install the programme every day and go through thge laborious process of copying the data logs/photos etc.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »
As on another post this problem is being corrected. It is being reported by 5% of the users that upgraded so it can even be related to the OS version you are using. We are working on it and have just sent a PM to the users where this is happening to get more details on their systems.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »
Mark,

We will explain it again to make it clear, I know there are lot of posts and hence there has been confusion.

1.) If RB runs fine without any termination (crashing or forcing to to close) there are NO SQL Lite Errors.
2.) If RB crashed while running just like any other program which has open files it is likely to casue corruption of the database (this is what you are getting when you re run after a crash)

As mentioned in our post above we are trying to rectify the crashing issue hence there will not be a chance to create the corruption. We will then look into making the database more redudant.

Tarbat has mentioned in post that with certain program you can get the database back from a corrupted state.

Hope that explains things.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
AirNav while accepting that you are working on the problem which is much appreciated, telling people that there are programs (that cost money) that can get your database back, is not realy a way forward. The program mentioned by Tarbat costs in the region of £30 - and to have to buy it to fix AirNav problems is taking things a bit too far.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »
The program mentioned by Tarbat costs in the region of £30 - and to have to buy it to fix AirNav problems is taking things a bit too far.

Firstly, SQLite Maestro is a free trial for 30 days, and hopefully Airnav will have fixed this problem within 30 days ;)  Alternatively, use a free SQLite data utility - http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ is free.  Just opening the two ANRB databases in a utility will flush the journal files and so may allow ANRB to run next time without problems.

I realise that this isn't ideal, and that Airnav need to fix this.  But in the meantime, flushing the journal files may get you back to a working system much quicker than uninstalling/reinstalling.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 01:46:14 PM by tarbat »

markyeulett

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 09:01:29 PM »
Guys - to be clear thedatabase is not corrupted when this crashes - the file CheckDB.dll is corrupted.  I can backup the database files before de-installation and re-installation and then copy them back in afterwards and all is well.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 09:46:50 PM »
Guys - to be clear thedatabase is not corrupted when this crashes - the file CheckDB.dll is corrupted.  I can backup the database files before de-installation and re-installation and then copy them back in afterwards and all is well.

What evidence do you have for this?  If this is the case, then you've got a different problem to the SQLite Error 26 I've seen a few times.  All I've even done is flush the journal files, and Radarbox opens fine.

I've NEVER had a corrupted CheckDB.dll , and I'd be surprised if Radarbox is updating DLL's.

When you say "I can backup the database files before de-installation and re-installation and then copy them back in afterwards", which files are you refering to?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:52:29 PM by tarbat »