anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Should I update NavData.db3?  (Read 1836 times)

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
Should I update NavData.db3?
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:40:47 PM »
Hi,

I recently purchased RadarBox and realized that there are thousands of aircraft in the AirNav.db3 that need to be corrected, or are no longer current and need to be deleted.

So I started with a couple of aircraft types, going through line by line, checking that the aircraft was still current and correcting its data if necessary.

I then read some posts were it was mentioned that there could be an updated NavData.db3 file at some time?

Therefore, before spending hours and hours updating further aircraft, I would like to check that all modifications and purging that I have done/will do, will not be over written by a new set of data?

Thanks

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Should I update NavData.db3?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:13:44 PM »
Therefore, before spending hours and hours updating further aircraft, I would like to check that all modifications and purging that I have done/will do, will not be over written by a new set of data?

They will if you dowload the new NavData.db3, if and when it becomes available. 

They won't if you don't.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour