AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: polar diagram  (Read 3689 times)

steveadi

polar diagram
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
hello i just set up my radarbox for the first time,i have fitted a watson antenna around chimney height with 20 metres of rj213 cable,i live in a valley and have mountains to the east and west,i was wondering does the polar diagram go further afield the longer you leave the anrd on as it seems to be going larger by the minute and what do any of you recommend with regards to leaving the box on?,thank you

steve

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: polar diagram
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 04:10:58 PM »
Hi Steve

The polar diagram is built up from the aircraft received by your box - the longer you leave it on, the more it will fill out - you should give it at least a week to get an accurate picture of your reception - the more aircraft you receive (= the longer you leave the box operating) the better your polar diagram will be.

Also remember that weather conditions can have an effect on your maximum reception, so it does vary over time.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

steveadi

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 04:19:48 PM »
thanks again rod i have downloaded version 4.03 i see 3d in the corner but i think i need to register to recieve as you stated in a previous post,when i click the link it takes me here http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/order.html to order a copy i cannot see where i need to register to get it to work your help would be much appreciated if you could point me in the right direction.
thank you
steve

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
Sorry about the delay in responding, Steve - you may have noticed we've been distracted in the last half hour!

Anyway, I think you need to contact Support about your 3D subscription by one of these mewthods:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html or
[email protected]

I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Rod
Rod

steveadi

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »
thanks rod done some research and i think they sold me a radarbox 2009 and a 2010 upgrade not the radarbox 3D version as i asked for and what it states on the invoice and what i have been charged for i will ring them Tuesday and see what can be done about it,in the meantime i have repackaged it until i get it resolved :-( thanks for your help.
steve

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »
Steve - I think all that needs to happen is that AirNav flip a switch on their server. There's no new box or other software required. If you've paid for the 3D upgrade and you've got software version 4.03, then a quick message to Support will sort it.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 05:59:53 PM »
Rod is correct, contact us with your details and we switch it from the server.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

steveadi

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »
im a little lost so i have emailed support as its version 2.01 with an upgrade to ver 3.13
thanks