AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: can anyone explain this duplication??  (Read 2606 times)

springbok

can anyone explain this duplication??
« on: April 05, 2010, 06:25:21 AM »
as you can see on this screenshot there are 3 aircraft at same altitude , same squawk etc. i think the radarbox is adding extra aircraft with similar mode s codes, i am also tracking these aircraft via acars and only one is actually in the air....

any ideas would be welcome

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: can anyone explain this duplication??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:24 AM »
as you can see on this screenshot there are 3 aircraft at same altitude , same squawk etc. i think the radarbox is adding extra aircraft with similar mode s codes, i am also tracking these aircraft via acars and only one is actually in the air....

any ideas would be welcome

See www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3582.msg35185#msg35185
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

springbok

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
thanks, i am using v3.13 and am in south africa which does not have a large amount of aircraft at one time, the most i have had is about 19 on myflights at any one time (hopefully this will increase during the world cup). i have shut down the program and re-started it and at the moment no duplications...

springbok

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »
no back again, 3 aircraft with same altitude/squawk etc , 2 of the A319's from the same airline and the other a J41 from a different airline, the 2 airbuses mode s codes are very close but the J41 is very different. on the map it plots both airbuses in the same spot but the J41 does not plot as no ADS, all 3 timed out at the same time??

springbok

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
clearly not!!!