anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Suggestions for v2.0  (Read 3898 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Suggestions for v2.0
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:16:28 AM »
I've had my Radarbox for a week now, and it's great.  So many great features, so no real complaints from me.  I can, however, think of a few suggestions for improvements/enhancements:

1. Find some way of combining the Airline and Company columns in the Aircraft List.  My suggestion is that if the aircraft doesn't have a Flight ID, or there's no company logo available for the Flight ID, then display the Airline name text, or if that's empty, then display the Company text.

2. Option to allow the default action for the "Get Weather" button to be "Decoded Metar" rather than "Metar".  And store recently selected airports in the Get Weather airport selection box.

3. Ability to turn OFF the default coastline.  Or even better, option to select a high resolution coastline.  On the standard coastline, many of the islands in this part of Scotland are missing.  In fact, my house is floating in the sea with the standard coastline!!

4. Automatically adjust the QNH on a regular basis - say every hour - based on the airport selected in SmartView.

5. Provide a row of buttons on the toolbar for common actions that are burried on other screens.  Such as "Activate Alerts", "Process Hardware Flights", "Get Flights from Radarbox Network", "Connect to ACARS Decoder".

6. Allow toolbars to be moved.

7. Allow Radarbox to run in Vista without having to run as Administrator.

8. Allow displaying of only one photo, selected at random from the 2 photos downloaded.

9. Option to predict positions.  This is based on my experience with using Planeplotter, which works remarkably well for aircraft above about 5000ft.  This would be quite a complex enhancement.

So, have an option in Preferences to turn ON prediction, and a "Predict Positions Over" setting for Altitude, only for network aircraft.  Then, for each network aircraft above this altitude, predict it's position based on current position, heading, and speed.  For example, aircraft is at 34000ft, travelling at 460kt, you can predict where that aircraft is LIKELY to be now, based on it's position and speed 5 minutes ago and assuming straight, level, flight.  Obviously this has to be an option, since some users will want to know where the aircraft was 5 minutes ago, rather than where it's LIKELY to be now.

Predicted postion could also be applied to local aircraft above this altitude to fill in the brief gaps between transmissions.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:39:32 AM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Suggestions for v2.0
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, we have noted them down.

However 4) should already be in 1.3.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Suggestions for v2.1
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:28:01 PM »
Airnav, any chance of including these as enhancement requests for v2.1:

1. Combine the Airline and Company columns in the Aircraft List.

2. Option to allow the default action for the "Get Weather" button to be "Decoded Metar".

3. Ability to turn OFF the default coastline.  Or even better, option to select a high resolution coastline.

5. Provide a row of buttons on the toolbar for common actions that are burried on other screens.  Such as "Activate Alerts", "Process Hardware Flights", "Get Flights from Radarbox Network", "Connect to ACARS Decoder".

8. Allow displaying of only one photo, selected at random from the 2 photos downloaded.

9. Option to predict positions.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Suggestions for v2.0
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:43:20 PM »
Noted thanks.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]