anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox V4.03  (Read 2251 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RadarBox V4.03
« on: February 19, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
First of all we would like to report that until now 3D has been a success with almost no complaints.

We would now like to discontinue V3.13 and have only V4.03: when 3D active it would act as 3D version. When not it will be exactly like V3.13.

So our question is: could you confirm that V4.03 doesn't add any bugs that were corrected for V3.13?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: RadarBox V4.03
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
I've not noticed any bugs in v4.03 that weren't there in v3.13.  But it would be best for someone to beta test v4.03 who does NOT have a 3D subscription to make sure it works okay.

EMA

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »
I switched over to the 3D version when you released 4.03 and have found no problems with the application in 2D mode.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »
Tarbat: you can start 3D with a "ANRB.exe /2d" parameter and 3D will be totally ignored. Would you be able to beta test it for the next few days?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
Tarbat: you can start 3D with a "ANRB.exe /2d" parameter and 3D will be totally ignored. Would you be able to beta test it for the next few days?

Okay, I've changed my shortcut, and now running in 2D only mode.  It did ask if I wanted to upgrade to 3D, but after that everything about 3D has been removed from the program.  I will test over the weekend with /2d (or until I get 3D withdrawal symptoms!!!).

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
Tks Tarbat! We will then simplify everything and have only one final version for all users: V4.03.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
One difference I think I see with v4.03.  The FTP upload only happens every 60 seconds, I thought v3.13 was uploading to FTP every 30 seconds.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 04:36:01 PM »
Ok, keep sending those reports.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
I've now tested the 2D version of v4.03 extensively, and can't find any bugs.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 02:01:57 PM »
That's good news. Once all the current release is stabilized we will discontinue V3.13.

abrad41

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 07:18:14 PM »
Hi Development

Is it me, or are the Airport names font smaller in 2D, than they were in 3.13.

Andy

GlynH

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
Hi Dev,

A few things I have noticed when running ANRB v4.03;

1. Custom Legend does not display in 3D Mode (is it supposed to?) despite being entered in the box City,Lat,Lon and having Custom Legend checked in the Map Menu.
It just shows Home. And those Radar Rimgs are still far too large when zoomed in!
Nor does it remember the inputted City,Lat,Lon after exiting & restarting the app.

2. As per other versions most of the data gets read/imported from previous versions including Alerts etc. but the SmartView list does not get imported. Seems odd that most other stuff gets pulled across but not the registrations for the FleetWatch Setup list. It remembers the METAR...

3. The first time round when switching from 3D to Map View it didn't want to display the map or remember my previous settings - it defaulted to very nearly displaying a map of the world centred on Morocco! Then when switching back to 3D nothing was displayed. Then regardless of whether I selected Map or 3D nothing but a plain grey screen was displayed. Clicking Split View then froze the app. Hello Task Manager!
After exiting & restarting the app it now behaves as expected but I shall keep my eye on this.

4. There's some really strange things going on with Map preferences. You will have to excuse what may sound contradictory info here but it follows no logic that I can see from the time spent with it so far.

In 3D mode I cannot turn Country Boundaries off. I have this on in Map mode to trace the outline of  the UK but it is not needed in 3D mode as it clutters the coastline. Even if I turn it off in Map View when I switch back to 3D View it shows the Country Boundary despite being switched off in the menu!

5. Switching from 3D to Map mode turns on Outlines, Highways / Interstates, States, Country Boundaries, Urban Areas & Elevation / Sea Depth. I can turn off everything but Country Boundaries in Map Mode, switch to 3D and see them turned back on with no way to turn them off. Switching back to Map Mode and they are all back on again.

Surely the app should remember the preferences/settings for each individual view or have I missed something here?

6. After playing around with all the settings I get an error after exiting the app...haven't seen that for a while.

Strangely it lists the app version as 3.1.1.77 despite the app itself proudly displaying v4.03 in the title bar?

I have attached the appcompat.txt if that is of any help?

Enough for now I'll carry on testing.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
Re: Point 4.  What have you got "Show Border and Place Names" set to in 3D preferences?

Re: points 3 & 5.  Make sure that you've done Menu - Window - Record Desktop.  That might fix this.  Although similar problems were reported here - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4305.msg43491#msg43491
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:25:04 PM by tarbat »

GlynH

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
Thanks Chris...I'll take a look at that.

I can concur that the ftp upload has reverted to 60 seconds...but only when in Map View.

When in 3D View no ftp upload takes place at whatsoever!

Switch back to Map View  and ftp upload takes place after 60 seconds and then every 60 seconds thereafter.

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 11:10:45 PM »
OK Chris,

Show borders & place labels was enabled so I disabled it - that got rid of the coast or country boundary but I would really like to see the place names on the map so I will have to leave it on.

But I really don't like those borders...maybe a case to separate out these two options ala 2D Map View Country Boundaries?

The Record Desktop seems to have solved the problem of having the Outlines, Highways / Interstates, States, Country Boundaries, Urban Areas & Elevation / Sea Depth defaulting to on when switching between maps  but I bet a lot of users are going to miss that trick!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

PS: Is there no Help available from within the app in 4.03? I must admit I don't usually read the Help so I don't know whether it was present in previous versions or not...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:13:34 PM by GlynH »