anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Westflex 103 roof penetration  (Read 2379 times)

jetset

Westflex 103 roof penetration
« on: November 14, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »
Has anyone got this feeding in under their roof tiles.? I'm going to have one for the airband and one for the radarbox.

I'm thinking I should have ordered more in order to run it down the roof and under the eaves and then into the roof and down to my box and scanner.

Opinions...?

Steve

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Westflex 103 roof penetration
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:19:10 PM »
Hi jetset, WF103 is very stiff and doesn't like tight bends.   If you feed it in under concrete interlocking tiles or slates, your house insurance may well be invalidated, in the event of you claiming for storm damage, also rain and wasps can get in.    For my money, you would be better off bringing it in through the board, with a good loop in it to stop water tracking in.     Consider using loads of electricians' silicone grease in the connecting plugs and sockets (GPO and BT use this in their crimp termination nipples, as it prevents atmosphere and damp getting to the metal).
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

jetset

Re: Westflex 103 roof penetration
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »
Thanks John, Looking again I think I have enough to do that.
Steve