AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Log Pictures  (Read 3791 times)

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
My Log Pictures
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:02:36 AM »
Hi Guys - good morning to you all.

Where do the picturs files sit as they are gathered by the program? I've got my photos folder listing 6811 photos which I have transferred across to 3.06 but cant see the 6811 climing at all.

Could be due to the new prog saving the same ones again but what I would like to do is get (if possible) them from 3.01 across to 3.06 so that the slide view is enhanced. It may be of course that it only displays whats been received via the slide view.

I've popped a pic below.

Any ideas would be welcomed please.

Have good day folks,

Cheers Dave.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best regards Dave.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: My Log Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:07:49 AM »
The thumbnail photos do go into the /Photo folder.  The number is not going to increase unless you pick up new aircraft as the pictures won't be downloaded again if there are already in the Photo folder.

The directory structure is as shown below, except the the root directory will be:

/AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta

http://radarbox.gofreeserve.com/html/downloads.html

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »
Dave, looks like you're running Vista.  If you installed RB in Program Files, then also check the folders in Virtual Store.

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 08:40:01 PM »
Cheers guy's,

I'll try and locate the virtual area and see if that can be updated.

Best regards,

Dave.
Best regards Dave.

landyman

• IC-706, UBC3500XLT, ANRB.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »
As a new user since yesterday, I quickly found the data folder, but I can't find where this is held in the program.  Most programs allow changing this folder tree onto another drive, for easy backup.

Incidentally I notice that others using Vista (I'm using XP Pro), unfortunately report having theirs in a virtual folder.  Has anyone found a way to use a batch file to copy 'files' from the virtual database to a proper folder for conventional backup?

Fenris

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 10:22:04 PM »
As a new user since yesterday, I quickly found the data folder, but I can't find where this is held in the program.  Most programs allow changing this folder tree onto another drive, for easy backup.

Incidentally I notice that others using Vista (I'm using XP Pro), unfortunately report having theirs in a virtual folder.  Has anyone found a way to use a batch file to copy 'files' from the virtual database to a proper folder for conventional backup?

The best solution for Vista is to install outside of the Program Files hierarchy so that the virtual store doesn't get invoked. Ensure any AV is set *not* to scan the Airnav directories as the constantly updating files will then cause poor performance as the scanner tries to keep up.

landyman

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »
Many thanks Brian.  I've excluded the 7 files that get updated frequently.

I don't use Vista on any of my computers - it's so inferior to XP, but I have to backup another computer with Vista and, like mine has a backup drive on the network router.  That's why I want to move my data folder from the AirNav install folder onto the computer's data drive as the whole of that drive is backed up in real time.

Reg

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »
Hi Reg, from your handle, are you a Land Rover fan/owner - they're still the best! IMO.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

landyman

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »
Correct.  A Defender 130.