AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signed Drivers  (Read 2109 times)

velcrohead

Signed Drivers
« on: July 19, 2009, 03:17:53 PM »
With the soon to be released windows 7, Are there any signed drivers for the Radarbox?.
I am running Win 7 x64, and although the software runs fine, I cannot use the radarbox with it, I am running it on a virtual xp environment at the moment.
Win 7 MUST have signed drivers, I know there are workarounds, but to be honest, they should not be needed.
And that is meant both ways, Microsoft needs to stop driver signing, Or Airnav needs to hurry up and get a signed driver.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Signed Drivers
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 03:24:07 PM »
We submitted to Microsoft the drivers nearly a month ago and we are still awaiting them being approved.

We know there are customers awaiting the signed drivers but the issue is out of our hands at the moment.

We still don't know why there should be signed drivers other than to increase Microsofts revenue. There now probally suffering a massive backlog of devices waiting to be approved.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:31:06 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

velcrohead

Re: Signed Drivers
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 03:31:11 PM »
We submitted to Microsoft the drivers nearly a month ago and we are still awaiting them being approved.

We know there are customers awaiting the signed drivers but the issue is out of our hands at the moment.

We still don't know why there should be signed drivers other than to increase Microsofts revenue. There know probally suffering a massive backlog of devices waiting to be approved.

Ok good to know, It is a pain that microsoft insist on this.
Can a hot poker not be shoved in M$ direction?
I heard on Win 7 forums that the RTM date got put back because of driver signing, Surely the developers can make the drivers without M$ intervention, It's a shame M$ are going this way, It's my pet hate of Apple systems 'You must do what we say or else' Sort of attitude.
Ok, The waiting game starts then, Loving Radarbox so far though.