AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ADS-B in US  (Read 2752 times)

charlestown

ADS-B in US
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:30:48 AM »
Pardon, please, the Newby question, but does the AirNav work in the USA specifically in DC/Virgina? ADS-B is at best a set of small trials in Florida and a few other states on a limited basis. What will I be able to see and track?

Apologies for the stupid questions, but having seen in British air mags, been lusting for one in US.

Thanks

Michael in DC

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: ADS-B in US
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 10:52:21 PM »
Is there anybody who has a good screen shot of the Washington DC area that they could post here to show Michael what he might see?

freqhopping

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »
I'm in Loudoun County.  I get about 7 to 12 ADS-B equipped planes during the busier times.  I have a pretty decent line of site.  If you are on high ground with a good line of sight you might get a few more than that.  Here's a screenshot from right now.

Paulc

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »
Something else to remember is that not airliners have the necessary kit to show on the map. My local airport is dominated by one particular airline (flybe) and their DHC8-Q400's and Embraers do not have ADSB but do have mode S so appear in the data line but not on the map. Having said that it has given me a lot of pleasure over the last year and is well worth it.

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »
I usually pick up mostly European aircraft plying their way to and from Europe to/from US airports. More and more US airliners are showing up on on RB (Jetblue, Virgin America,Cont and Canada's Westjet) . Still worth watching and with the AirNav Flight Tracker i can figure out who is who.

Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada