anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem Installing Hardware  (Read 16966 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Problem Installing Hardware
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
savagegrave, the standard driver will work perfectly well on Vista 32-bit - no need to revert to XP.  On Vista 64-bit, you'll need to refer to the FAQ section on how to allow unsigned drivers.

Matt Howard, what operating system are you running?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:44:25 PM by tarbat »

savagegrave

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »
savagegrave, the standard driver will work perfectly well on Vista 32-bit - no need to revert to XP.  On Vista 64-bit, you'll need to refer to the FAQ section on how to allow unsigned drivers.

Matt Howard, what operating system are you running?

from what ive seen the above that you have put is correct, however all i seem to get is :.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

would an upgrade to v3 help fix this?  the software i got is 2.01

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 09:57:50 PM »
OK, I know nothing at all about Vista, so I'm not best placed to advise here, but I've just unistalled and reinstalled my drivers in XP just to check how it works.

If anybody knows better here, do correct me.

The Driver installation needs 3 files:

ftdibus.inf (in \Drivers)

ftdibus.sys (in \Drivers\i386

ftd2xx.dll (in \Drivers)

When RB is installed from CD, these are copied across into the Drivers directory as shown in the picture below.  Note that if you are using a different version of RB, then the name of the directory will reflect the version you have installed.

So, to install the correct drivers, if you have the wrong ones installed, fire up the Device Manager and right click on AirNav RadarBox, or Unknown USB Device and select Properties.

Select Driver > Update Driver and select "No not at this time" then Next

Select "Install from a list or specific location" and click Next

Browse to the \Drivers directory as per the diagram below.

Click Next

Accept the warning about unsigned drivers and click Next

The install will probably stop looking for the ftdibus.sys file, so browse to the \Data\i386 directory and click Next

If the install should then continue.  If the install stops again, take a note of the file that the driver update is looking for.

This is for XP, so don't know if this works the same for Vista.

savagegrave

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 05:21:12 AM »
thanks for your help, however im still getting that good old error code 10, device cannot start.

ohwell, may have to leave this airnav alone, re-coup my losses and go with sbs instead (which does look like a better system)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 06:16:42 AM »
thanks for your help, however im still getting that good old error code 10, device cannot start.

ohwell, may have to leave this airnav alone, re-coup my losses and go with sbs instead (which does look like a better system)

No, as an SBS-1 and RB owner, there is no doubt at all that RB is the better product, but you do what you feel is best.

abrad41

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 06:22:26 AM »
savagegrave

I have owned a SBS and I am now running the RB - As Allocator say's

the RB is the better product - without doubt

Andy

Spaice

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
Are you installaing the drivers loged in as administrator or with administrator privilages?  if not it may be worth a try.

vruma

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »
I have just purchased RadarBox. It says New 2009! on the box.

However, when I plug in the hardware, my computer simple does not recognise it. I have read the help section with the software, but I don't get any of the messages that it says there.

Please help!

Hi Matt,

what's the status? Is it up and running now?

Matt Howard

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
Still no joy, folks! I'm running XP. Now I don't even get a message about not recognising the unknown USB device; nothing...nada.

ftdibus.inf is in \Drivers
ftdibus.sys is in \Drivers\i386
ftd2xx.dll is in \Drivers/i386.

Any further thoughts?

Thank you for continuing to help me and being so patient.

Matt Howard

Fenris

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »
Still no joy, folks! I'm running XP. Now I don't even get a message about not recognising the unknown USB device; nothing...nada.

ftdibus.inf is in \Drivers
ftdibus.sys is in \Drivers\i386
ftd2xx.dll is in \Drivers/i386.

Any further thoughts?

A search through the registry for the ftd*.sys and .dll might help, assuming you have no other ftdi drivers. Find and delete keys that contain these strings, it's riskier than doing it via the hardware tab under My Computer but in some ways more certain.

Be careful with regedit though.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »

Did you try what Allocator suggested at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2918.msg26473#msg26473

It might help diagnose the problem.

Matt Howard

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »
Fenris: I'm not sure I have enough know-how to even begin what you suggest without someone holding my hand with a step-by-step walk through.

Have tried unplugging the USB cable with Device Manager running - nothing changes; no noise, no message - nothing.

It's odd that my computer at least recognised that I'd plugged in a USB device (even though it didn't recognise it) a week ago, yet now I don't get any message at all.

Matt Howard

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 08:58:08 PM »
Now, on the box, it says "New for 2009", yet on the back of the software CD-ROM, the Copyright date is 2007; is this in any way significant?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 09:01:17 PM »
Not significant. What matters is that the software has the latest stable version. We have released 10 days ago a new software (V3.0) but it is still in beta.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 09:06:23 PM »
Matt, when you plug the RB into the computer with the USB cable, what lights do you get on the Radarbox?