anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Back soon  (Read 3738 times)

DaveG

Back soon
« on: October 08, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
Nope not sunning myself on a beach in Florida, just waiting for return of RB after FedEx lost it :(

Glad to see lots of people are problem free and the latest patch is working well.

Be back active soon, I hope.

Cheers
Dave
Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Back soon
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:29:38 PM »
Hi Dave,

Wondered where you had gone and whether were back in business after your "problems".

I have been experimenting with my BS1100 aerial and the radar box but it does not pick up nearly as many as the dedicated RB aerial does. I was reading somewhere that the SBS1 aerial is fairly broadband? so I assume that does not work well with radarbox.  My SBS1 picks up 120-140 on the BS1100 in the loft, but on the RB it goes down to 40-50 and I can get 50-60 on the standard aerial on the windowsill. I think that the RB aerial is more tuned to the frequency of 1090 so is actually more effective.  Will have to see what happens with the aerial in the loft...

My Radar box is now very stable and I have not had one crash or unwanted disconnect since in stalling the beta 1.2 and subsequently the 1.3 patch. At this moment I have it running on my laptop but connected to a Compaq 17" LCD screen sitting next to my 23" LG Flatron screen connected to my main PC, which is running SBS1.  It is interesting to watch the two of them performing and comforting that altitudes and speed etc details are the same on both systems.

Hope you dont have to wait too much longer.

Mike

DaveG

Re: Back soon
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 02:42:35 PM »
I'm Back :)

RB arrived back today after an extended tour around the UK!!  Time for me to catch-up now ;)

Dave
Cornwall, UK