anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The box  (Read 4658 times)

vassylad

The box
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:56:52 PM »
Hi guys yesterday afternoon some aircraft were disappearing and turning into a little white spot these airgraft were less than 50 miles away from me and withing the radius of the polar diagram.

Today as  been a nightmare, I keep on getting hardware unconnected and network unconnected I have to re-boot the laptop all is well then the box itself just closes down and I am left with the power on and the blue light flashing on the usb, but no signal, could it be the box itself.

It looks like i am struggling to pick up the aircraft withing 30 miles of me and its frustrating any answers chaps

Michael
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:05:58 PM by vassylad »

vassylad

Re: The box
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »
Are you having the same problems Valerie.

michael

valerie

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »
Are you having the same problems Valerie.

michael

its ok now thanks

E14

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »
Ok folks. This is exactly the same problem as I had the other day.

See Timeouts thread. -
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2250.msg18926#msg18926

So what I have done to resolve?

Well Checked on another machine and ran for 15hours no problems.
Have no been running on my standard machine for 24hours with a RJ-45 connection to the router and not using wireless. I also have changed the USB cable. No probs as yet.

Until I can run for a bit longer its hard to say but this problem (flashing blue light and no signal) seems to point towards the box getting its knickers in a twist due to the network.

Will update more when I have compared a few more things.

If you are using wireless try and cable to the router instead.

Hope this helps

J
1 mile west of EGLC (London city Airport)

vassylad

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:47:55 AM »
Hi thanks for the replies so far and just adding on to this I notice sometimes aircraft will even stay static on the screen for around 10-20 seconds then move again, then without any warnings the blue and white light will disappear and of course then the screen goes blank I then have to take out the USB cable from the box and re-connect then its ok.

Do I have a problem with the box I cant think why its always been here with me and neither dropped knocked or banged.

Thanks................Michael

E14

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:29:19 AM »
Snap. Exactly the same problem. Only way I could restart my box was to take out USB lead.

However since the PC has been hardwired with RJ-45 cable to the router I have no problems and its been running for 36hours which it never did before.

bratters

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
vassylad - if you haven't yet tried a different USB cable I would suggest it.

E14

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:17:40 AM »
As I said above I did also try a diferent USB cable but am unsure yet if its the cable or the network

More later

vassylad

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »
Hello are you talking about the USB that runs from the RB into the Laptop or the USB that runs from the cable modem into the Laptop.

Michael

PS thank for all your replies guys.

vassylad - if you haven't yet tried a different USB cable I would suggest it.

bratters

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 07:07:27 PM »
The USB that runs from your laptop/PC into the Radarbox itself. I had intermittent reception problems which I put down to my extension USB cable. I tried other extensions, different lengths, different PC inputs, different combinations, re-loading the drivers - you name it I tried it.

In the end it was the USB cable supplied with the box that was faulty - the last thing I tested!. It happens.

vassylad

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 07:19:54 PM »
Then I shall call them tomorrow and ask for a replacement I have changed the USB from moden to laptop but still having problems..

Michael

The USB that runs from your laptop/PC into the Radarbox itself. I had intermittent reception problems which I put down to my extension USB cable. I tried other extensions, different lengths, different PC inputs, different combinations, re-loading the drivers - you name it I tried it.

In the end it was the USB cable supplied with the box that was faulty - the last thing I tested!. It happens.

bratters

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »
Might be quicker and easier to see if you've got one from a camera or any other bit of hardware that uses USB. Or borrow one from a friend just to test it.

E14