anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future software features  (Read 10142 times)

Harry

Re: Future software features
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »
I'm waiting now 1,5 years for this fix so I will go for bug fix.

Harry

So, what do everyone else think?  Should Airnav concentrate on bug fixes for v2.10, and leave enhancements such as impressive graphics, weather overlays, etc. for v3.0?

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »
I'll wait for the bug fix too.
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

phil zech

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 01:28:14 PM »
spanman and tommyg,

Totally agree with you comments.

I'm relatively new to this forum but reading various posts it seems to me , certain people like to have a pop at Air Nav at any given opportunity. What seems to be a simple topic turns into a slanging match.

Can we just let Air Nav get on with improving this already excellent product even more.

We have been told already why version 2.10 has been delayed . I would rather wait for all bugs and new additions to be fully operational  before new version released.

Cheers

Phil

Fenris

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 02:32:16 PM »
So, what do everyone else think?  Should Airnav concentrate on bug fixes for v2.10, and leave enhancements such as impressive graphics, weather overlays, etc. for v3.0?

I'd vote for a bug fix release, with the enhanced version later. My reasoning for this is:

1) Some of the bugs are annoying enough to be fixed urgently

2) Bug fixes are sometimes imperfect themselves, so the enhanced release gives a second bite at the cherry to fix them more completely

I am basing this on a educated guess that little of the modified code for the enhanced version will overlap with the areas needing work to fix bugs.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »
I agree.

Adding new bells and whistles while failing to fix long-standing, well-known, documented bugs sends out the wrong signals IMHO.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

pjwood123

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »
From a long time career in selling the comment re knocking the competition is important. This is because if you have to resort to knocking the competition all you are doing is advertising to the world that you have nothing good to say about your own product. RB you are not in this situation, I converted from SBS about 3 months ago and am delighted with my decision. Personally I don't mind if you want to compare, it's just that you are wasting your time and giving SBS free air time, please don't do it, you are letting yourselves down. This from a Brit who in a global financial meltdown (allegedly) doesn't support home grown but buys the best - in my view

Keep up the good work and I look forward to any improvements you are able to make to the software
Philip

Tramline

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 05:49:42 PM »
I'd like the bugs fixed really, but it depends on the time scale for version 2.1.

Just how far away is it?  If its a 'reasonable' time i.e  max two months and will fix all the bugs present within 2.0 and have all the new bells and whistles, then I'd be happy to wait for the new version.  Over two months, well, lets get the bugs sorted please.

Also, I'd rather we concentrated on RB rather than compare in a negative manner the other system.  It benefits no one and this forum has always been friendly and professional until of late.   Lets return to the previous excellent AirNav RB Discussion Forum values - please!
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »
i agree !!!!

First fix the "old" bugs ... before new "lights",
and for me one of my disappointment is not to have possibility of having long trace
of planes to follow them (especialy during flight test procedures, as the A380).

SBS-1 can do it !!!

Regards,
F6GSG

mdobuk21

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 06:37:27 PM »
hi guys, totally agree get the bugs fixed first especially the flight id`s!!!!!!!!

mark

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 11:06:28 PM »
I also agree with Spanman and Tommyg lets get back to what this site was and should again become, a friendly, informative and interesting place to share help and information on the, in my humble opinion, fantastic Airnav Radarbox. I have had endless suppport already from those mentioned above by Spanman and others. I have found Airnav as a company are open and do listen to us their customers, we should be able to offer suggestions,  alittle crriticism if required but they also deserve to hear the praise which again ifeel the radarbox warrants. It simply makes this part of the hobby superb. I also can't wait for the new versions to come online, yes it is important also to have the bugs fixed sooner rather than later. But come on this already is a good piece of kit and for enthusiasts has to have moved the hobby forward. The competition has to be good for everyone especially us the end users. I think the virtual radar scene has added something special to this hobby which i simply find addictive. My choice is Airnav and I say Long Live radarbox. But the fact there is opposition surely keeps both those parties busy making sure their product gives the buyer what they want and it is then up to the user to find the most suitable weapon of choice.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »
Regarding comparing our product with the competition, there is a special thread for that:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=606.0

We want to keep  this forum has a positive place.
We don't want to bring the negative and aggressive tone of the "other" forum here.
Anyway we cannot keep listening to all the lies and wrong facts and not comment there. We have had serious problems in the past with ML&S (our previous distributor) and we will not accept more lies being told to our customers and possible new users.

Regarding what really matters: all dealers report that RadarBox is a huge success and the number of users/month continues to increase. Dealers reports that RadarBox is much more successful than our competition nowadays and that has a reason: respect and working continuously on new updates.

Regarding V2.10: it is better to wait more time for something amazing than have a minimal upgrade ASAP. Be sure we are working (now 16 hours/day) on an amazing system that will leave everyone happy.

To finish we had to lock this topic as we don't want to turn this forum into a negative place.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:12:06 AM by AirNav Development »