anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updating aircraft details  (Read 2224 times)

Geot

Updating aircraft details
« on: February 11, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »
I am sure this has been covered many times however it is difficult to pull out the correct information from so many messages in the Forum.

Today a new S code to my DB came up as N711SE and type as a Westwind, the Type code was ... ; so I went into DatabaseExplorer to update it. I also checked my Aerodata to discover this was an ancient use of this S code (cancelled since at least 2004). It is now used by a Learjet since Sep 2008. I accordingly updated all the details in Explorer. Then went to MyLog DB and did a Populate to update the old data there. Nothing happens, it remains as the old data. Is this the ... problem that I have read about. Do you have to also delete the ... in MyLog to get the update to take.

GeoT

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Updating aircraft details
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »
GeoT,

Yes, I'm sure that you do have to delete the "..." in MyLog to get the details to update from the main database when you use MyLog > Populate - I'm sure I did this with some of my military aircraft the other day.

ACW367

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »
You have to delete the information in all the incorrect fields on Mylog and leave them blank for the populate to work on them.

Geot

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »
Thanks to all who have replied - I followed that advice and all works OK. I think that starting to use Radarbox when the server / GAS connections were not working screwed things up a little, as to what were new problems and what were old ones.

GeoT