AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Excellent new antenna in the U.S.  (Read 60279 times)

mt007

• Super Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
Re: Excellent new antenna in the U.S.
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 08:39:50 AM »
Hi Spikem
where you buy your antenna?
Can you give-me the website?
Thx.
Best regards.

spikem

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
Hi John

Cable is W103 from here http://whwestlake.110mb.com/   Tel: +44 (0)1409-253758 Mobile: 07774 635077.

I gave him a call on the Friday and it was in the post Monday. I also asked him if he could make up the sma to N plug adapter cable for the Navbox and he said he had them already made up in preset lengths. Very nice chap to deal with and also very helpful.

Low level traffic has increased somewhat.  I can now track them at Liverpool and Manchester down to 350 feet or so as opposed to around 800-900 previously.  I wouldn't expect to get them any lower than that from my location which is about 20 miles from each and also having a large flyover around antenna height just to the side of me.

Regards

Martin

spikem

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
Hi Miguel

http://www.dpdproductions.com/page_vhf_air.html . He will answer all your questions by return email if you have any.

Regards

Martin

spikem

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »
Before and after pics as requested. 

Sorry for the poor quality on the loft pic , I had to scan it from a picture I made as I am still unable to access the screenshot folder for some reason.

Martin

Fenris

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »
Before and after pics as requested. 

Sorry for the poor quality on the loft pic , I had to scan it from a picture I made as I am still unable to access the screenshot folder for some reason.

Martin

Freeow!

4 people with coverage like that would cover the whole UK at medium to high level!

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »
HI Martin

Thanks for the cable info I'll make the call tomorrow as my aerial is due shortly. The increase looks encouraging already so i can't wait to give it a try. Thanks again for the help.

Regards

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
 HI Martin

As you know I also ordered the ADSB antenna from DPDproductions the order was placed on 27th January. Via the tracking receipt given to me I have been advised the following 'Your item left the United States from ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) at 10:00 PM on February 10, 2009'.

I was just wondering how long it took to arrive with you? I will contact Dave also for an update. Had it been here today I had a person on standby to erect it  so it is a little frustrating that it hasn't yet appeared.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

spikem

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2009, 01:06:48 AM »
Hi John

The same thing happened to me. You will find that the messege will not change. The next thing to arrive will be a letter from the parcel service stating that it is waiting for you to make a payment for VAT before they can release it.

The fact that it is logged with the tracking service indicates that it is on its way.

Just hang on in there for a little longer I would guess.

Martin

peteeds

• RADIO AMATEUR (2W1FJZ - MW3PET )
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2009, 09:27:23 AM »
Hy John,  In the same boat here with my order, according to tracking my order arrived in this country last tuesday, so I did some further tracking to be told that they tried to deliver friday but failed, so now hope it arrives tomorrow ( Monday) I guess I just have to be a little patient. Cant find out who the carriers are so that does not help.

Cheers  Peteeds. 2W1 FJZ

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »
Thanks Guys I'm learning to become more patient. I spoke to Dave and he confirmed the more or less what you are saying. he has 5 items altogether issued around the same day into GB and none have yet reached their final destination.

John

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »
Parcellforce letter arrived this morning seeking payment of VAT which I paid via their website. Package due with me tomorrow so  further updates to follow.

John

peteeds

• RADIO AMATEUR (2W1FJZ - MW3PET )
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2009, 08:39:26 PM »
Same here John, paid on line, delivery tomorrow, Just hope for some calm weather for next couple of days so I can get up on the roof to fit it. Keep you posted when up & running.

Cheers Peteeds. 2W1 FJZ.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »
HI All it's here, my DPDproductions antenna is here!! It just arrived via parcelforce which is interesting. They sent me an email this morning stating they understand the inconvenience and frustration of the delay in me receiving the package. Their records allow them to confirm to me that the package has not yet been received in the UK. When I checked on Monday on their site it told me it arrived into LHR on 12th Feb at 16.10pm. It then arrived into the Belfast Depot on 20 February. I got a letter on the 24th asking for VAT payment , paid it online with Parcelforce and was guranteed delivery today. So despite all the odds it made it. Parcelforce don't know where it is and have offered me forms for compensation if the sender raises an inquiry.

Anyhow I now have a delay to have it installed as the guy doing it for me is unavailable for 10 days and I don't do ladders. Further updates to follow, now what will I buy with the compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:48:40 PM by Canonjohns40D »

spikem

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 04:53:33 PM »
Glad to hear it has arrived john. You could probably give it a try on a pole in the meantime whist you are waiting.  I would imagine that you are in a good position to catch the atlantic traffic from where you are. Keep us posted on your progress.

MArtin

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »
HI Martin
Might try it out as a just to see. My cable is due in the next I am in a good spot indeed for the Transatlantic stuff. I am hoping that it might allow me to get out towards the West Coast of England and down to Dublin. Anything beyond this and I'll really be a happy bunny.

John