AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Range and bearing tool  (Read 3713 times)

BobR

Range and bearing tool
« on: December 14, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »
Just a suggestion for future releases.

Is there any way of producing a tool that allows you to measure the distance between contacts on the screen. The simulation software London Control has such a facility but I do realise there is a huge difference between something simulated and the real time world that RB deals with.

Cheers,

Bob

Deadcalm

Re: Range and bearing tool
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 10:10:24 AM »
I would have thought a relatively simple feature to design - you have the co-ordinates of two aircraft, so you should be able to produce a range and bearing.
We used that feature a lot at LTCC.

Don't know whether Airnav will get the time to investigate and implement that possibility, though...

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 01:10:04 PM »
Well, we don't really see the advantage of it. Not sure why we would need to know the bearing and distance between two aircraft? Obviously for ATC this is helpfull though I don't see many customers with RB using it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

QF1

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »

On a similar note, is there a way to calculate how far an aircraft is from its destination airport?  At the moment the grid provides distance from Home location, but when using the network, it would be useful to know how far from the actual airport.

BobR

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »
Well, we don't really see the advantage of it. Not sure why we would need to know the bearing and distance between two aircraft? Obviously for ATC this is helpfull though I don't see many customers with RB using it.

Its Purely for entertainment value looking at spacing etc in the same way you currently are able to display the altitude window at the moment.