AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Highlighting aircraft targets  (Read 4318 times)

Deadcalm

Highlighting aircraft targets
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »
I'm wondering if there's a more positive way of highlighting aircraft targets on the radar map - perhaps a click rather than hovering?  I find that if my screen is cluttered with traffic and I have a certain flight highlighted white, if I move my mouse and the cursor inadvertently crosses another target, THAT becomes highlighted and I lose the focus on the target I'm interested in.

I operate dual screens, and if I have another programme open on monitor 2, I really haven't got time to weave my mouse cursor around aircraft on the screen on monitor 1 in order to continue working in monitor 2!!

DC
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:24:35 PM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...

abrad41

Re: Highlighting aircraft targets
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:35:40 PM »
Hi

I can relate to this as well, when you are using 2 monitors this can be a problem, it is a problem with 1 let alone 2.  As Dc has said would be good to right click on the one you are interested in.

Cheers

Andy

Tramline

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »
...and whilst on the subject of colours and highlighting, can someone advise why a flight shown is green, then goes red then to blue?  I was tracking DLH408 over LAM - CPT- STU and watched it change colour several times much to my curiosity.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:42:57 PM »
I agree that it would be nice if a clicked flight stayed clicked.

On the subject of colour changes, this will be because the flight was changing height - red means climbing, blue is level/cruising, and green means descending.

Rod
Rod

Tramline

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »
I agree that it would be nice if a clicked flight stayed clicked.

On the subject of colour changes, this will be because the flight was changing height - red means climbing, blue is level/cruising, and green means descending.

Rod

Thanks Rod. 

Is there a yellow code by any chance?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »
Not by default, Tramline, but remember that you can see a full list of colours (and change them) in File...Preferences on the Map Colours tab.

Rod
Rod

Tramline

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »
Not by default, Tramline, but remember that you can see a full list of colours (and change them) in File...Preferences on the Map Colours tab.

Rod

Thanks again Rod.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »

And bear in mind that an instantaneous climb/descent rate of just over 6 inches per second is enough to trigger a positive or negative ADS-B vertical rate value.

I don't know enough about how RadarBox operates - does it have a tolerance band that you can set (as per SBS) so that small variations from level flight don't trigger multicoloured trails ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »
Dave, I've never seen multi-colour trails in Radarbox, and I don't think I'd want them!!  The colour is only applied to the aircraft label.