anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why can't I see flights on the map?  (Read 2840 times)

golden417

Why can't I see flights on the map?
« on: November 25, 2008, 04:40:54 AM »
I have just started playing with my RadarBox.  I have seen flights show up in the MyFlights section, and been able to also see them in the map.

however, now I can see quite a few flights in the MyFlights, but I cannot see them on the map.

1) How do I tell the program to show me where the flight selected in MyFlights is on the map?  I clicked "Pan Map with active flight", but nothing happens.

2) I noticed in the MyFlights section that I can see the plane's altitude, (normally status is Cruise or Levelled), but the Lat Long columns are blank.  Could it be that I am picking up the flights, but am not receiving position info, and that's why they aren't on the map?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Why can't I see flights on the map?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:28:11 AM »
I noticed in the MyFlights section that I can see the plane's altitude, (normally status is Cruise or Levelled), but the Lat Long columns are blank.  Could it be that I am picking up the flights, but am not receiving position info, and that's why they aren't on the map?

See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1329.msg13437#msg13437 for an explanation of what's happening.

The reason why you're not receiving position info is that the aircraft concerned aren't transmitting it !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Why can't I see flights on the map?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:00:08 AM »
Hi golden417,

Regarding question 1, just double click the Flight in the MyFlights List. If it has a globe icon it is transmitting its location and the map will center on it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]