AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB2009 issue  (Read 3800 times)

mjleprix

RB2009 issue
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:59:29 AM »
Two questions
1/Are the specifications of the 2009 Branded radarboxes exactly the same as previous years stock (ie the manufacture and components inside the radarbox) and is it just the content of the installation disc that will have been updated.

2/When you are using the radarbox away from any internet connections is the data displayed on the screen relative to the aircraft exactly the same ie reg, type, hgt,etc.
I understand the logic that networked aircraft will not be visible.

Blackthorn

Re: RB2009 issue
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:05:39 AM »
Mine was a 2008 box supplied with a separate 2009 update disk.

When not attached to the network the aircraft you are seeing are via your own hardware and realtime.

mjleprix

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »
1/doesn't really answer my question- are there any technical advancements that have been made to the actual radar box over recent years /technical specification changes to the hardware etc or are all the improvements down to the software.
"/when not linked to the internet will I see the reg on my screen or just the mode-s code.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
Its just software updates.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:04:23 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »
1/doesn't really answer my question- are there any technical advancements that have been made to the actual radar box over recent years /technical specification changes to the hardware etc or are all the improvements down to the software.
"/when not linked to the internet will I see the reg on my screen or just the mode-s code.

You will see all the details for all the aircraft in your RadarBox database even when you are not connected to the Internet.  RadarBox comes with an extensive database, so even if you have never connected it to the Internet, you will still get a significant number of aircraft with full details.  When you are connected to the Internet, new aircraft that you pick up (those not already in the database) will be auto-populated with details if they are in the GAS online database used by the AirNav server.  This means that when you run RadarBox off the Internet next time, these aircraft will also show their details as they are now in the RadarBox database.

This system is far superior to the competing product that comes with a completely empty database and no way of populating it even when you are connected to the internet, unless you use the 3rd party GAS Populate program.

I hope that this answers your question.

mjleprix

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »
Many thanks ,Guys questions answered .