AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question re updating Aircraft Database  (Read 2879 times)

phil zech

Question re updating Aircraft Database
« on: November 02, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »
Afternoon,

Newbie here ,

Having problems editing/creating aircraft record in Database.

Mode S   3F851A is showing on Network Flights ,  A310 belonging to German Air Force 10+26 however info at bottom of Network Flights next to where photo should be , shows An 26 belonging to Russian Air Force  10 26.

I tried editing, no joy, keeps defaulting back to An 26, trying deleting record and then adding record, no joy, defaulting to An 26 , even though I have deleted russian info.

Advice on what I am doing wrong, or is just a little fault on that particular aircraft record.

Many thanks

Phil

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Question re updating Aircraft Database
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:04:24 PM »
It's not an AirNav Database problem, its the way that the photo search works on airliners.net - go to the site and search for 10+26 to see what I mean.

Just copy the 2 attached files to your /Photo directory to overwrite the existing files and all should be OK.

ACW367

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »
This is a problem with aircraft that share registration in that the airliners.net search criteria cannot seperate them. 
Other examples are 00AFA0 Hawker 900 ZS-SAH. No pictures of this bizjet are in airliners.net so it resolves to an old Boeing 707 which used to own the registration. 
There is also an 4CA204 258, an Irish Air Corps LJ45, this resolves as an East German AF Mig 21 or a Singapore AF UH-1.

phil zech

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »
Allocator and ACW,

Thanks for reply.

10+26 currently on Network flights, had alrerady dowloaded photo as suggested and info comes up for A310 and not Russian Air Force An-26 !

Cheers Guys

Phil