anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How reliable is RadarBox for ATC purposes?  (Read 8692 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: How reliable is RadarBox for ATC purposes?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 09:39:53 AM »
I know I haven't got one yet (RB), so probably shouldn't be sticking my neb in, but does anyone else find this thread, and dealer's questions and understanding of the RadarBox rather disturbing?

Yes, I find the questions and the answers a little confusing.  Dealer seems to want somebody to say that RadarBox doesn't provide information accurate enough to provide an ATC service.  Well, it might, but it might not.  For anybody to think that they can pay GBP 399.00 and then provide an ATC service is rather ridiculous, which makes me think that Dealers original question is just there to stir things up, as the original title "How reliable is RadarBox" is guaranteed to draw visitors to the thread.

I was recently involved in a project to upgrade an ATC training simulator, and this cost 100 times the cost of a RadarBox - this was only an upgrade and it didn't involve the trainees controlling real aircraft.

No, I'm sorry, but I feel that Dealer is here on the forum just to cause controversy and to get a "statement" from AirNav regarding "reliability" so that this can be used out of context elsewhere.

Dealer, if I am wrong and you are genuine, then I would take a little time exploring the meaning of "corporate liability" if I were you!

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 10:43:05 AM »
i disagree with Davereid because when the aircraft equipped with ADS-B broadcast signals and the radar box recieves and decodes it , i get an accurate information on the radar. we have contacted pilots and asked them of their altitude callsign registartion v rate etc.. and we compared it with the information on the screen it is exactly the same.

Feel free to disagree :-)

Most ADS-B-equipped aircraft do give out accurate position reports.  Unfortunately that's a bit like saying if most of the people drive the right way up the motorway then that's OK ...

Clearly you have never had, for example, British Airways 767s or Lufthansa B733/B735s on your RadarBox at the same time as they are visible on approach - otherwise you will be aware that they commonly exhibit ADS-B positional errors of up to 1nm (or more).

For a RadarBox to be even considered as an aid to maintaining aircraft separation, all ADS-B-equipped aircraft under ATC control would need to provide accurate (i.e. GNSS-based) positional data, not just most.

What's hard to understand about that ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 12:31:11 PM »
Furthermore the username dealer does not mean he is the dealer in RadarBoxes. That just his username. Infact we know he works in a ATC.

I did not think he was a dealer as in trader. 

It's the fact that "dealer" purports to be involved with ATC that I find his understanding so disturbing - after all (unless I'm totally off the beam here) the RadarBox is totally passive, does not broadcast (see reply#5 in this thread) anything to anyone, it just analyses and interprets the data being sent down by aircraft.   I would hope a trader would be aware of this, but for someone claiming to be involved in ATC to be asking and arguing in this way I find seriously worrying!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:34:55 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

dealer

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
First of all i am NOT involved what so ever in real ATC.I am looking for answers if the AIRNAV RADAR BOX is reliable for ATC purposes thats all period!!May be my explanation was confusing but you dont have to throw harsh words.
Instead of getting help i got humilation
I guess the best place to ask for help is airnav support.

goodbye

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »
I am going to lock this post incase.

Anyhow I don't think any harsh words were thrown at you, and they were only done when you refused to believe what development and other members told you.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]