AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quick & easy way to track a single aircraft?  (Read 3258 times)

GlynH

Quick & easy way to track a single aircraft?
« on: October 03, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »
Hi there,

A simple question I hope...

Is there a quick & easy way to track a single aircraft on the virtual radar screen without resorting to filters and stuff?

What I would like is to be able to click to select the aircraft and then click a single icon to remove all others from the radar screen leaving just the selected aircraft visible?

Apologies if this is easily done...I have spent most of my time lately running various Beta versions and I have forgotten how to do the simple things in life...;^)

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Deadcalm

Re: Quick & easy way to track a single aircraft?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 11:38:06 AM »
I thought that clicking a target could be used for getting additonal information in an earlier post - "What would be useful, is instead of hovering the mouse over a target to highlight it, left-click - which could also give an opportunity to refresh the target (perhaps with a double-click) in case the software is lagging."

Cetainly, a considerable amount of functionality could be built in using this method, including Glyn's suggestion.  I'm all for a simpler interface.  I tend to have the "radar" picture full screen and not bother with lists and logs.  Until we can undock windows, and I can make full use of my dual-screens, additonal information from a left/right/double click over a target would be a brilliant idea.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »
Hi there,

A simple question I hope...

Is there a quick & easy way to track a single aircraft on the virtual radar screen without resorting to filters and stuff?

What I would like is to be able to click to select the aircraft and then click a single icon to remove all others from the radar screen leaving just the selected aircraft visible?

Apologies if this is easily done...I have spent most of my time lately running various Beta versions and I have forgotten how to do the simple things in life...;^)

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Glyn,

Not a complete solution to your question, but I use the Fleet Watch function to set a particular fleet, for example BAW* then click the "View Fleet Watch only" or whatever the button says (haven't got RB here with me at present).

This will remove all aircraft other than that fleet from the map.  Of course, this will only work if your aircraft has a callsign showing.

Terry

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 12:52:23 PM »
Hi there DC and Glyn,
                                I think i`ve seen what your on about on the Palm Box i have,yes its a very good idea for flight tracking,just highlight the flight,click an icon and the rest disappear,I wonder if those very,very nice people at AirNav could put  this one on the RB list of Xmas wishes (grovel, grovel) please.

Regards Terry.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »
Hu Glyn

As Allocator says, you can use the Smartview button, and on the setup screen you can use registrations or flight IDs to choose aircraft to watch, and then, if you want to, you can click the "Show only fleet watch flights on the map" box - it works with individual registrations as well as "fleets".

Also remember the lovely "Pan Map withActive Flight" button on the main toolbar, which makes the any aircraft that you click stay still - the map moves so that you can keep a permanent eye on it.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod