anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DAL1?  (Read 3330 times)

Deadcalm

DAL1?
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »
DAL1 just passed us in mid-France, going south.  The database says KMCO - KJFK. What's all that about, then?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: DAL1?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
My database says KFLL-EGKK-KJFK

Still doesn't make much sense, but my database entry is not the same as yours.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:21:05 AM »
DAL1 just passed us in mid-France, going south.  The database says KMCO - KJFK. What's all that about, then?

It's not uncommon to pick up two or more flights on the same day with DAL1 in the Flight ID - presumably crews who can't be bothered to input the actual flight number.

In fact, today I've had three DAL1s (so far) over the southern UK - so the one over France makes a fourth !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Deadcalm

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 05:52:36 PM »
Why would the basic databases differ between users, I wonder?

And what would a Delta B767 be doing flying south in central France?

I am still uncertain how flight details become an ADS-B entity - I appreciate that the facility is non-compulsory at present.  Are the details from the FMS taken to give trip identity?  If so, what other agencies are affected by mis-identification?
It's hard to fathom why expensive additional equipment such as this would be misused in such a cavalier manner.

If one of the primary functions of ADS-B is likely to be safety orientated, you would think that some failsafe error override facility would be available.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 06:20:15 PM »
I think Allocater is trying to say his database is different to yours as he has added/updated routes etc..

You are right, I can't think of DAL route which go across central France. Some of the BA 747s and VIR 747s have an issue whereby even if the Flight ID is correct e.g VIR160 they broadcast VIR1, VIR16, VIR 16 as well. Can't remember whether the 767s were also affected but this could be similar.

If they are being misused, a user on the forum mentioned a few weeks back one his aircraft had a different Flight ID and that the ATC contacted the airline warning them.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]