anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logos in My Flights  (Read 3815 times)

SteveB

Logos in My Flights
« on: August 20, 2008, 07:33:42 PM »
How come certain aircraft have no logos in My Flight....Example G-BUSH A320 BA...yet they have them in network flights see enclosed screenshot

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Logos in My Flights
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »
Logos are based on flight number. Some crews do not enter the correct flight number (ICAO code) on the transponder/FMS so the application will not properly decode the airline name/logo.

SteveB

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 07:53:57 PM »
Thanks can see it now...noticed 1 Easyjet flight with a logo the other without and no flight number thanks for clearing this up

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »
Steve - You'll see in the logos folder that almost all files have a three-letter name.

However, Air France so often use AFnnn instead of the AFRnnn that they should be using, that there are AF2.bmp, AF3.bmp files etc to get round the problem. You could do the same thing with BA... where it should be BAW... .

The only exception is AF1, which is used by the US president. So unless you do anything about it, AF1nn flights also give the Air Force One logo.

Rod
Rod

GlynH

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 04:57:57 AM »
Logos are based on flight number. Some crews do not enter the correct flight number (ICAO code) on the transponder/FMS so the application will not properly decode the airline name/logo.

That's quite a scary concept when you think about it isn't it?

I mean if the dyslexic(?) crew can't get a simple flight number correct it makes you wonder what else could get screwed doesn't it?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-