anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another suggestion!  (Read 3492 times)

testmonkey

Another suggestion!
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:43:22 PM »
The guys at AirNav are going to love me (damn newbies hehe).

At present airline logos are displayed by use of the Flight ID. In the case where no Flight ID is being broadcast could the system not cross reference the data in the AC column for the aircraft to the Airlines table and where a match is achieved use the C3 identifier to display the appropriate logo?

Granted the aircraft being tracked may be performing a flight for another airline but without a Flight ID we woudn't know that anyway.

I must admit when first looking through the databases I found it quite strange that the tables don't appear to be linked such that any information could be given for an aircraft AC entry regardless of whether it exists in the airline table or not. Thinking about it logically though I suppose it's a compromise that is necessary in order to allow real time downloading of new aircraft data that may not have been validated.
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

cosmoc

Re: Another suggestion!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:29:17 AM »
sounds good displaying all of the logos:-)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:39:26 AM »
We could do however to be honest we find 99% of flights do have a Flight ID.

The only ones who don't enter now are GA or Military aircraft (or the occasional lazy pilot) :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
I wish 99% of my flights had a flight ID - it's more like 20%.  I've actually given up using the airline logo column, and rely on the Company column instead.  Most local airlines don't show flight IDs - Loganair, BMI Regional, Highland Airlines, etc.  Here's my current aircraft list:

My previous suggestion posted a while ago was to display the airline name in the logo column for any flight without a flight ID - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=466.msg3394#msg3394
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:31:33 AM by tarbat »

testmonkey

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
My situation isn't quite as bad as yours tarbat as I usually have about 40-50% of flights displaying flight ID's.

I could do as you've done and move the Company field over but I find it takes up to much space as I like to have the altitude, heading, vrate etc. dislayed. That way I can 'rough guess' the location of many flights that aren't showing global location when combined with the ATC transmissions I'm scanning.

Having the logos displayed would save me having to click on each flight that I don't recognise the registraton of in order to find out which airline it belongs to.
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)