anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Frequencies listened to whilst using Radar Box (North UK)  (Read 8149 times)

bailey_uk

Frequencies listened to whilst using Radar Box (North UK)
« on: July 12, 2008, 05:38:40 PM »
How many of you guys listen using a seperate receiver whilst using Radar Box?

I havent seen a thread donated to popular frequences used but think it could be a good idea for everyone to suggest what frequencies cover what sectors from what they have worked out?

I know they bandbox in less busier times etc so nothing can be 100% but will be interesting to see.

James

Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

Steve R

Re: Frequencies listened to whilst using Radar Box (North UK)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
Hi Bailey_Uk

I listen to a seperate reciever whilst using the RadarBox. I have a full complete listing of all the frequencies in use for each current ATC Sector & bounderies (AIRAC 06/2008)

If you would like these freqs then let me know & I will pass them on. If any other forum members would find these freqs interesting/useful then let me know & depending on the forum rules will happily list them for all to see.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »
In my opinion, an airband scanner is almost essential when using Radarbox.  It's particularly useful for matching callsigns and squawk codes, etc.

I listen in to all the local frequencies, mainly Inverness tower and approach, Lossiemouth and Kinloss (military).

But my favourite is the Tain bombing range, when they give each Tornado pilot his "score" for which targets he hit.  Or when the air ambulance needs to transit the range, and they have to tell a Tornado to abort his bombing run!!

A good resource for frequencies is at http://www.air.radiouk.com/index.htm

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
Hi Steve

There is a site run by Steveb25 at www.airnavutilities.co.uk/ where anything useful for us RB users can be posted for downloading.

The site hasn't been updated for a while, but you could contact him if you would like us all to have access to it.

Rod
Rod

Steve R

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 06:17:58 PM »
Hi Rod,

No problem I'll email airnavutilities.co.uk & see if they will add the file to the site for everybodys use.

I'm guessing that what Bailey_Uk & possibly others will require is a diagram in say the same map format as currently in use in the RadarBox software. This could then have the ATC Sectors on the map with the relevant freqs included for each sector including those for LACC/LTCC/MACC/SACC/OAC etc etc.

This would then allow forum members to see exactly what contact frequency is being used by the airlines in each sector at the same time as the aircraft are being displayed on the RadarBox map.

I'll look and see what I can cunjure up if anybody would find that useful?

Steve

Steve R

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »
In response to what I posted above, maybe thats another possibility for AirNav to include in a future revision, for the inclusion of a Frequency & ATC Area Column. This could be an edit-able file that could be updated by users as & when it requires to keep up-to-date.

AirNav how about it?

Steve

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 06:27:08 PM »
We could do, however thats a addon feature as it doesn't directly relate to the aircraft being picked up by RadarBox but something we could do in the future.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Steve R

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 07:02:38 PM »
That would be heaven it it could be included as either an add-on or embedded into the software/hardware.

I'm guessing by the sheer nature of the RadarBox product that most users that have purchased it, are into the airband recieving & own a reciever.

Cool, I look forward to any developments re this idea should it go ahead.

Cheers AirNav Support

bailey_uk

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 01:06:53 PM »
I'm guessing by the sheer nature of the RadarBox product that most users that have purchased it, are into the airband recieving & own a reciever.

Agreed!

"I'm guessing that what Bailey_Uk & possibly others will require is a diagram in say the same map format as currently in use in the RadarBox software."

Yeh, that would be excellent! I have sort of drawn up something on a piece of paper, but using a lot of guess work, as you dont know exactly where each aircraft is when its being passed to the next controller - (without RB)

I think after spending a week with a RB, i'll have a much better idea.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 01:08:41 PM by bailey_uk »
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:41:41 PM »
Here is an Excel dump of my London Civil and Manchester frequencies from my Icom PCR-1500 files.

If anybody has a PCR-1500, I'll post my .mch files - these won't work with the PCR-1000, but I'm sure you could import a csv file generated from the Excel file

Listen to this lot, and you won't miss much :-)

The problem with area frequencies, as discussed previously, is that you can't necessarily tie them down to one specific area.  They are all allocated to the various sectors, but that's not quite how they are used unless it's really busy.

If you want to know where all the sectors are and how ATC works then, I highly recommend the ATC simulation London Control.  It's worth purchasing just for the PDF manuals that come with it!

http://www.londoncontrol.com/

Just take a look at the sample Sector Information Manual that you can download here:

http://www.londoncontrol.com/demo/index.htm
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 01:57:36 PM by Allocator »

Steve R

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 06:58:38 PM »
If you want to know where all the sectors are and how ATC works then, I highly recommend the ATC simulation London Control.  It's worth purchasing just for the PDF manuals that come with it

Total agreement with allocator on this one. Ill try to work on a graphic map and add the relevant freqs to the relevant airspace sectors (of which there are many) and try to get them posted on the airnavutilities.co.uk website for all to use if they wish.

The data included with the Londoncontrol simulator is very extensive and top notch. Ill see what I can do while you digest the manual, lol. I have the London Control Simulator and it's well worth the purchase.

Have fun!

Steve R