AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windoes 11 Update  (Read 1884 times)

Maverick74

Windoes 11 Update
« on: September 22, 2023, 02:27:04 PM »
Hi All, had a dreaded Windows update the other night (for 11) and sonce then my radar stick refuses ti work!! I open the app and it says RB1 found RB1 Check Failed. I had this issue when i first got the PC and it took ages to finally get it up and ruinning. i followed all the steps as per the posts on here but still refuses to work. i have this event info if this helps. it says something about info not migrated so not sure if thats to do with the update?

Runway 31

Re: Windoes 11 Update
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 04:15:23 PM »
Re-install the drivers.  Updates usually replace the drivers with Windows own ones

Alan

Maverick74

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 05:52:00 PM »
hi thanks for the prompt reply. i have tried this but i still keep getting check failed. do i need to uninstall Airnav and start again or can i just open the drivers folder i have? im not sure though which drivers to install as there are quite a few folders. included screenshot of my driver folder. its stored on my desktop too not in programs.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 07:14:19 PM »
No need to uninstall Radarbox

Its the Micro radarbox driver.  If that fails install Zadig Drivers https://zadig.akeo.ie/

Alan

Maverick74

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 12:44:49 PM »
Hi, Im still having issues unfortunatley. for some reason when i go into the device manager the stick displays as a keyboard? i rememebr when i moved this over from an old PC i had loads of trouble getting the drivers to work.

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 05:36:18 PM »
Try the Zadig drivers

Alan

Maverick74

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 08:09:06 PM »
HI Alan,
 appreciate your help with this. tried Zadig but install failed. im not sure if ive screwed the USB up trying to get it working. i do have a brand new stick that come with a new antenna i bought. ive done a screenshot on the info of the install fail anyway.....

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 03:44:04 PM »
No idea what you have done but it appears you are trying to load the wrong driver

I loaded it up on my laptop and as you can see from your shot that you are trying to replace the correct driver on the right with a wrong FTDIBUS driver.  See the attached shot from my computer where i am asking it to replace the same driver, both left and right side are showing are the same WinUSB driver from Zadig

It wont matter the stick the issue is with the software not the stick

Suggest you try again

On the Zadig interface click on Options/List all devices and the RTL2383UHIDIR should be where it is.  It should state install/reinstall driver with the WinUSB driver on both sides or at least on the left side of the green arrow, click install driver and let it do its thing and it should advise done successfully

Alan
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 03:52:14 PM by Runway 31 »

Maverick74

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 05:36:23 PM »
hi thanks for this Alan, only trouble is it defaults to the driver you can see , how cn i change it. tried messing with menu options?

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 05:51:11 PM »
I have no idea what you have done to get that as its not a driver you are trying to install hence the failure

Try clicking on Device/Create New Device and that should blank the field

Then Options/List All devices and on the drop down list to left of Edit and the next line down find and highlight RTL2838UHIDIR and see if if the WinUSB driver comes up on the left, if so click install driver

Alan