anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Offline station detection malfunction  (Read 2794 times)

matt4054

Offline station detection malfunction
« on: September 08, 2024, 07:31:44 AM »
Hello,

I've been having problems with false offline detection + email notifications about my 4 ADS-B receivers (stations) for months, and it has become really annoying over the last few weeks, since I'm receiving several offline alerts for all 4 stations on a daily basis.

Key info for debugging:
  • All (4 of) my stations are affected equally, even though they do NOT share the same internet connection or hardware
  • They are always false positives, i.e. you can see Radarbox actively receiving live data from a station while simultaneously showing it as offline on the statistics page (see attached screenshot)
  • All stations are stable (no reboots within months) and using wired Ethernet (no wireless)
  • The latest version of the software packages are installed

The issue is further compounded by the following factors:

• AFAIK, there is no way to disable the e-mail alerts, so that's annoying,
  • I have already opened a ticket with support (unfortunately the ticket system doesn't provide ticket numbers in the reply). My request was acknowledged on September 4 and raised with the team, but I haven't got any update since then, and the problem is still occurring to this day (see screenshot)

Is anyone else experiencing issues with this, or has anyone else in the past? Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Matt

Runway 31

Re: Offline station detection malfunction
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024, 12:53:21 PM »
If you have a look at other forum posts you will not there is an issue with the data script on this area.  Your receivers are working ok as can bee seen if you look at your station pages and you will see aircraft plotting on your coverage map

Like you I receive emails advising I am offline when I know full well I am online and I know how annoying it is and but ignore it, hopefully they will rectify it soon

I suggest that you contact support directly as they seldom come onto the forum

Alan

matt4054

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2024, 04:21:13 PM »
Thanks for your input, at least that is some useful information.

I never heard back from the support/helpdesk, I will try to bump the ticket next week.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2024, 05:21:14 PM »
I believe it is slated for fixing some time next week

Alan