AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.06 Beta Public Release - Reactions  (Read 2621 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
V3.06 Beta Public Release - Reactions
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:58:28 PM »
A few days after releasing V3.06 Beta to the public we conclude that it seems to be a rather stable version. Anyway we have identified 3 problems that seem to be consistent. We need your feedback on these problem (confirm that they do exist).

Also we would like to ask for the opinion of our beta testers regarding the release of a final Non-Beta version when these problems are corrected.

Problems:
1- Sorting by distance or others cause duplicates to appear and then a crash;
2- 64bit Drivers;
3- To confirm: routes not being correct even though they are in local database (John Racars);

All the other problems seem some random crashes or probably more likely customer errors.

Waiting for your feedback.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: V3.06 Beta Public Release - Reactions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:25:16 AM »

Can't duplicate the problem here - sorting on all fields is snappy and pretty much instant. No duplicates or crashes to be seen.

2- 64bit Drivers;

I don't have 64bit O/S

3- To confirm: routes not being correct even though they are in local database (John Racars);

Will keep an eye out for the route problem, I've seen a few strange ones, but didn't check what was in the database at the time.

EMA

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:35:07 AM »

Problems:
2- 64bit Drivers;

All the other problems seem some random crashes or probably more likely customer errors.

Waiting for your feedback.

1- No problems with duplicates

2 - Do not use 64 bit drivers

3 - Routes do not appear to be a problem a few occaisional incorrect ones but nothing major.

Very stable on my systems.

Kevin

CAM

• http://www.planedaft.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »
Airnav,

As you are aware I reported the duplicate issue and the freeze of ANRB with network on,in 3.06, now that others have suggested it is because of sorting the list I can confirm this is the case, I always sort the network flights by registration, so I can identify the aircraft that have no info, maybe just something silly we all do ! but i never thought of it before :)

But this would appear to be the problem, as I have run ANRB with local and network flights on from 20:00 yesterday until 16:30 today and not touched anything and all is performing well, to confirm all was OK I unticked the network and all aircraft disapeared which didnt happen before as some aircraft would remain.

I am convinced this is the reason now but it does not explain every case, maybe something to do with all the variables of machine, O/S etc etc.

CAM

John Racars

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 07:37:30 PM »
A few days after releasing V3.06 Beta to the public we conclude that it seems to be a rather stable version. Anyway we have identified 3 problems that seem to be consistent. We need your feedback on these problem (confirm that they do exist).

Hi All,

Last week I bought a new subscription on the RB network (realtime-20 sec update). Works verry good with me and verry stable until sofar.

Still some problems with the route lookup, here with some exemples.

1. TWO SAME ROUTES AT THE SAME TIME?

2. WRONG INFORMATION WITH A FLIGHT ID.

Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »
With the first one - you are looking at 2 different planes (ModeS G-EZII and G-EZIM). They just happen to have the same Flight ID (because they are going to/from the same places) and thus the same route.

1. TWO SAME ROUTES AT THE SAME TIME?

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 03:30:35 AM »

AirNav - I have replicated this problem using the latest v3.07 and also the latest bit of info from the public forum - i.e. sorting Dist(NM) from furthest away at top.

See video for details, No crash, but the interface appears frozen, in that the text stays the same but the cursor does move - only on the bottom line though not to the fields being clicked on.

fwiw the interface WAS sorted furthest to nearest before it went into the state you see in the video.

Some lines ath the bottom of the screen and some fields towards the top are blank, because they aren't being refreshed, or are being refreshed with blanks.

http://www.petermcgrath.info/AirNav/Video_2009-10-12_142257.wmv

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:32:07 AM by pjm »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »
Here is another example.

Nothing on either panel updating (other than then number of messages/Sec from the hardware). For the first 30 seconds I did nothing, you can see when I move the cursor over an aircraft on the radar screen RB jumps back into life and starts updating everything.

No corruptions in the Interface panel this time.

http://www.petermcgrath.info/AirNav/Video_2009-10-12_181008.wmv

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 07:53:47 AM »
I'm not saying this is the cause, but might be worth seeing if turning off screenshot ftp upload has any effect.

And did you have any other programs open on the PC at the same time?  Again, may not be the cause, but running Radarbox on it's own, with nothing else open/running, might help to eliminate the cause.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:13:11 AM by tarbat »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 08:29:16 AM »
I'm not saying this is the cause, but might be worth seeing if turning off screenshot ftp upload has any effect.

Testing that now, but I'd like to hear from AirNav Dev if they can duplicate it now.
My setup has been working perfectly, including running many different programs at the same time, and the only thing I've changes is the sort by Dist(NM) to furthest away at top. Previously I've tested Dist(NM) with closest at top with no problems.

Basically this post by bratters nails it (other than it might take longer on my machine to show up). When he says "Go make a cup of coffee" he means "don't touch RB, or move the mouse over the radar screen, etc)" just leave it running.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3544.msg34883#msg34883
1. Start program running.
2. In MyFlights select "Dist (NM)" and arrange distances in descending order.
3. Go and make a cup of coffee.
4. In 15 - 30 minutes MyFlights will stop runnng.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 08:42:22 AM »

Wow - that was fast - it is now in the "freeze" mode, which happened while RB was in the background and I was replying to you.

ALL STOP for a minute or so now, with no FTP upload happening, so that isn't the issue. Will do another video capture and see what happens:

Well that was interesting, screen frozen for 30 seconds, until I moved the mouse over an aircraft on the radarscreen, then RB starts up again, and realises after about 30 seconds more (the timeout) that the aircraft are no longer being received and drops them.

http://www.petermcgrath.info/AirNav/Video_2009-10-12_193451.wmv

so in summary, FTP upload makes no difference to the problem.

Me thinks its time for AirNav Dev to give us an update if they can replicate now.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 08:48:42 AM »
So, does this only happen when RB is in the background.

Can you try testing RB without anything else open/running on the PC.

As you say, we need to know if Airnav have been able to replicate the problem, because no matter what I try, I can't replicate the problem.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:50:20 AM by tarbat »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
Interestingly I just noticed in that last video, after RB started moving again, there was a duplicate entry for Qantas Flight VH-VYK in the interface screen.