AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie Issues - Radar Box - Help Please!  (Read 11450 times)

neroon79

Re: Newbie Issues - Radar Box - Help Please!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 09:00:35 PM »
Is your system up to date?
All latests Framework updates etc. installed.
Latest Grafik drivers installed.
What's the performance of your PC.

If I remeber correctly, I once had some issues with Aircraft Icon display on map too. Recently these problems haven't (more or less) occured anymore. The particular reason for this issue was never 100% discovered. After migration to WIN10 and several update cycles the no airframe icon on the map problem has solved itself somehow (more or less at least). It still occurs from time to time but less often and no reproduceable circumstances. So the problem isn't easy to fix as I wasn't able to figure out the trigger.

Ingo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:03:32 PM by neroon79 »
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »
Bob, 

I am confused by what you mean logo.  Logos are the symbol of the airline which shows on the grid for each aircraft.   Is it this that is missing or are you stating you are not seeing any aircraft symbols on the map or you are seeing the aircraft symbols but without labels.

Also can you install the latest drivers from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/ANRB-Drivers-20161222.zip  unzip into the Radarbox/driver folder

Can you advise please

Alan
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:27:12 AM by Runway 31 »

apollomaker

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
Hello Ingo and Alan --

Sorry for confusion about "logo" usage -- I am just referring to the airplane symbols used on the map, not the labels. But for me, both are missing when using just the hardware receiver input. I will try the drivers you mentioned....but I would think the latest drivers would be incorporated in the primary download with the installer. That is what I have installed right now. I will try the other drivers you mentioned. Also note that the aircraft (symbols and labels, paths, etc) all show up fine when using the NETWORK as the data source...just no the hardware input.

All of this should not be this difficult. So far, based on all of your inputs and my experience with this version of the software --- it is still VERY BUGGY. AirNav needs to get this cleaned up.

Bob

apollomaker

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
** UPDATE COMMENTS FOR INGO **
Hello Ingo -- I read your history with the software and am seeing about the same thing here. Like you, changing some settings and switching back to hardware receive loses the listing for same. It just stops. Update as follows.....

1. On boot up, system is receiving and posting on interface the hardware received aircraft.
2. No aircraft from the hardware appear on the display. Only network aircraft .
3. My virus checker MUST be deactivated to get reception and listing from hardware.
4. My system is very up-to-date. Running Win7-64, Intel 4GHz, 16GB RAM. Very fast with many forms of software running nicely. No issues ever.
5. I did try the other drivers you noted without any  visible change.

Oh well. Must wait I guess for AirNav folks to clean up the software.
Thanks --- Bob

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 05:57:51 PM »
I will pass this information to Airnav as it stands you are the first person to mention that the aircraft are not showing on the map.  However not many people use it with the comstation and V6 is really designed for USB sticks but work with the comstation.  I myself have never seen a comstation other than in photos

Regarding the virus checker are you able to make an exception to allow passage through the checker and your router for the ports as detailed previously by Ingo.

The latest drivers were designed for W10 and certified in December but are not incorporated into V6 itself as far as I know and work with all previous windows versions

Is your unit linked to your account?

Alan

apollomaker

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »
Hi Alan ----
It is indeed unfortunate that we must go through this just to get a rather high-priced product working properly.
I was very surprised that the ComStation did not come with a detailed user manual. Along with a CD of user software.
If the things you mention are indeed fact, then it should not be difficult for AirNav to provide information to get running correctly.

After buying this product, I am quite frustrated with a set of problems for which there is no clear guidance.

Thanks for your help ---- Bob

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »
The product is designed to feed data back to the server for display on radarbox24 and it does that well.  Have you actually discussed with Airnav to see if they can assist with your issue.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
Can you advise your email to allow Airnav to contact you direct.  You can contact me on [email protected]

Alan

apollomaker

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 03:15:02 PM »
Hello Alan -- many thanks for your help in trying to get me up and running. As it turns out, I have been able to get it all running pretty much and finally figured out how the server system is running. To my disappointment, for the time being, I do not want to be a "feeder" station presently. With the RadarBox ComStation there is just too much pushing toward using the server system and not enough flexibility to do some experimental work as a stand alone direct station. Am working with antennas and other approaches to hardware solutions.

Thanks again but the ComStation is going to collect some dust for now.

Regards,  Bob

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 07:08:55 PM »
Unfortunately that's what it is designed for Bob.  For what you want you would be better off with a dongle such as https://www.nooelec.com/store/sdr/sdr-receivers/nesdr-mini-2-plus.html works great with V6 all you really need is the Zadig driver and you are off and running

Alan