anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox24.com New Locations  (Read 150614 times)

Runway 31

Re: RadarBox24.com New Locations
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2017, 10:51:38 AM »
There may be something interfering with the signal causing momentary corruption with the antenna now in its new location Markos

Alan

Rethymnian

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2017, 01:28:05 PM »
Alan, I hear you. I just tweaked the antenna again and changed the cable routing (I wished I had a longer cable wink, wink). Perhaps things will be back to normal again. One last question about the signal. Is it possible for a station to "hijack" a contact, or does a plane connect to any station it can reach? I mean does a plane connect to multiple stations or does it ONLY connect to the best station around? Is there a maximum of stations to which a plane can connect?

Markos

Runway 31

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »
Any number of receivers can pick up an aircraft simultaneously Markos.

Alan

Rethymnian

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2017, 12:03:04 PM »
Alan, thanks for the feed back again. The AirNAv antenna is sitting now for the 3rd day on the 3 m pole. How are the results? Honestly disappointing. Although I am way above the sat dish, my max range has decreased by approx 70 NM and my average range by approx 40 NM. Also I already mentioned the irrational flying patterns and loss of detail on the LGSA / CHQ airport.  This is not what I expected. Perhaps the sat dish is interfering from below. I will re-attach the antenna again on my 1,4 m pole and nestle it just above the sat dish, just as it was originally placed. It would be great if my reach and detail goes up again.

Please be so kind and reset my data, as I will be putting up the smaller pole within the next two hours. Thank you in advance.

Markos

Runway 31

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2017, 12:47:41 PM »
Its reset Markos.  The sat dish may be causing corruptions as you state buy you are still getting decent range although your southern coverage didn't expand as expected

Alan

Fanjet500

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »
Hi all,

just last week i did put my antennas 2 meters higher on a new pole. One goal was to come above a sat dish of a neighbours roof. The other goal was to get a better range. Now,  with the new pole, the range went about 25 km biger but the range of the directional antenna that was pointing to the sat dish went also about 25 km biger and lost range in the opposite dircetion. Interfering objects can increase the range to one direction. That was my experiance.

Greetings Rolf
2 Airnav Radarbox installations
2 Antenna switch boxes
1 WiMo GP-1090
1 FLU-SR/Y13
2 ThieCom SkySearcher directional antennas
2 Standard Airnav Radarbox antennas

Rethymnian

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2017, 10:18:30 PM »
Hi Rolf, that is what I am seeing. Now that I am back to my "old" setup, my sat dish, which is located behind the antenna, seems to propel the reach in a V shape towards the north. I have a feeling that I did not yet have found my sweet spot, as at present the pattern does not reach as far, compared to it's best. I will be working on it, haha

Markos

SoNic67

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2019, 03:38:20 PM »
Hi Alan and Ingo, included in the box of the AirNav RadarBox ComStation, were 4 metal rods, probably to be used as a radial on the antenna, 3 on the side and one right on the top. I do not use them at present. Question: Does AirNav wants me to stick all of them on the antenna anyway, or should one only use them in case of a bad reception?

Markos

Those are absolutely necessary, part of the antenna's ground plane.
See a discussion here:
https://discussions.flightaware.com/t/three-easy-diy-antennas-for-beginners/16348/2

Runway 31

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »
The metal rods are the VHF antenna

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2019, 04:53:50 PM »
SoNic67,

the ground plane shall be at the bottom end of the antenna. The rods at the antenna discussed here were placed at the top end of the ADS-B antenna part. Therefore the 1090MHz reception was a catastrophe if the rods were mounted.
Sometimes it might be better to carefully read the whole plot before posting a comment that doesn't fit to the particular topic.

Further the antenna has an additional problem: the point were the roads should be mounted weren't water tight --> Antenna drowns if there is strong wind paired with rain which was resulting in a massive reception reduction for about 7-10days. After demounting the antenna at the end of the last year, after 1 year on the roof, I found traces of water entry at the rods mounting threads and inside the antenna. Therefore it is very good that airnav has had withdrawn from that specific antenna very quickly.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

SoNic67

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2019, 06:14:18 PM »
So is this one?

The concept is very interesting. Some silicon caulking can prevent the water ingress, but indeed mechanical resistance can be an issue.
And it is still for sale in their store.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:16:22 PM by SoNic67 »

Runway 31

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2019, 06:30:08 PM »
I don't know if its still the same one that went out with the original comstation but that is the same as the one in the store https://www.radarbox24.com/store

Alan

Alchemhis

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2019, 09:39:19 AM »
Thank you for sharing Urdu News the Mexico city location. It was quite helpful
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:54:59 AM by Alchemhis »

tobydude2

• North of Norway radarbox
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »
New location, North of Norway.
Not much traffic here. :/

https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB500195

:)

Runway 31

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2019, 07:27:50 PM »
Welcome and thanks for providing your coverage.

Alan