AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox24.com New Locations  (Read 150591 times)

Rethymnian

Re: RadarBox24.com New Locations
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »
Alan, thank you for your extensive explanation. Next to: "Max Range: 409.21 NM (last 7 days)" I did not find a reset function. If I click on (last 7 days) just a pop up window opens up, where one can see when I was online and was uploading data. If I click on the window it just disappears, nothing else. Anyway, I will keep an eye out how the foot print develops.

Something what comes into my mind now is the fact that I have a quite large satellite dish "behind" my external dedicated 1090 MHz antenna. This might influence (block?) my reception towards the south and south east. Maybe the dish is even working as some kind of deflector shield, hence the extremely good reception towards the north. I will have a 2m antenna fitted to my house shortly for my business communications, thus I might want to stick the new antenna on the "old" 1090 Mhz pole and will look for a better location (away from the sat dish) for optimal 360 degrees reception. Perhaps my present disappointing reception towards the south, will show me exactly where my more important 2m antenna should be placed, haha

Markos

EK01

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2017, 12:08:48 PM »
Markos,

If you go into File>Preferences>Legends and Labels at the top of the page you will see a box stating 'Clear/Reset Polar Diagram'. If you click on that it will clear the polar diagram and start to reform over again but give it some time to fully reform.

Ian (EK01)

Rethymnian

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2017, 02:42:07 PM »
Hello Ian, my best guess is that you are talking about a specific software program. I do not have one. I am just looking through my web browser on https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB300799 . In the top right hand corner I only have "my account", where I can log in or out and edit some personal details. Furthermore on the top I only have pull down menu's with: store - coverage - history - data feeds -  about. In the personal settings I have got: profile - your stations - account settings. So no box stating 'Clear/Reset Polar Diagram'.

Markos

EK01

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2017, 03:18:13 PM »
Markos,

You are quite correct. I merely use the standard AN radar box. I too cannot find anything stating reset for your polar diagram. I can only suggest that as Alan states you wait a few days to see how your polar diagram builds up or perhaps someone who is a bit more savvy in radarbox24 can be of help.

Sorry,

Ian

Rethymnian

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »
Ian, don't mention it mate. I am just new at this and am trying to find out the ropes by implementing as much tips I can get from "senior" members. I am only very surprised about the coverage at my location. I already climbed up in a relatively short time to global ranking nr. 23, for whatever it is worth. However I have no clue how I should interpret this, nor how the calculation is done. Maybe they give incentives to newbies, haha

Markos

Runway 31

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2017, 04:31:15 PM »
Hi Markos,

Just had a look at your screen shot and note that I just mentions last 7 days without reset.  I can reset from my end and have just done so but as you have so many aircraft the polar diagram fill very quickly. 

Regarding the satellite dish it may very well be operating as a screen if it is preventing the antenna seeing part of the sky and preventing any aircraft it is casting a shows over from being seen

Alan

Rethymnian

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
Yassu Alan,

wow resetting from a remote location, you must have special powers!. Yes, I've seen that you did something. I have also seen a drop from rank 23 to 145 after your resetting. Will be interesting to see how the foot print develops this time. I love this stuff!

The AirNav antenna is a meagre 15 cm above the sat dish, if you look at the set up from the south-side.  Isn't that enough clearance? Do the planes need to see more of the antenna? Otherwise the only solution is to get a longer pole and more cable, hehe

Markos

Runway 31

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »
I am no engineer Markos, but I don't think that 15cm of the antenna showing would be enough or do you mean the whole antenna is 15cm above the sat dish.

Alan

Rethymnian

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2017, 09:18:22 AM »
Alan, you understood correct. Viewing south my antenna is just peeping 15 cm above the sat dish, which is located 1 m further back. But I can still get a +/- 75 NM reception, hehe. I already figured out that a higher pole and more cable is the way to go, but I can not find the supplied cable pro-200 low loss 50 ohm coaxial cable 3dr-3 in Greece. Or could someone recommend another cable, which I then might find in Greece? Any feed back from anyone is highly appreciated!

Markos

Runway 31

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2017, 01:44:21 PM »
Markos,

CO-22, LMR400 or AIRCOM PLUS are suitable cables.

Also ask support if they could send you a 12.5m antenna cable as one may be available

Alan

Rethymnian

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »
Alan, I just returned from shopping for a 3 m pole. I have send AirNav a request for the 12,50 m cable.
It would be nice if they could help me out, which would means more data for the system ;-)

Markos

Runway 31

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2017, 02:32:37 PM »
Noted Markos

Alan

Rethymnian

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 10:49:18 PM »
Kalimera Alan, Please remotely reset my stats again. I have put the 3 m pole up and the AirNav antenna has totally cleared the SAT dish by 1 m. Why do I want a reset? Instead of getting better coverage to the south or in general, my reception totally went to the dogs max range wise and I need the reset to confirm it. I am also getting a lot less contacts to the north-east. Perhaps it is a cable issue, but I doubt is as I used the supplied one. Thank you in advance!

Markos

Runway 31

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2017, 08:09:56 AM »
Morning Markos,

Just reset it and your range looks ok so far, doesn't seem to be any problems

Alan

Rethymnian

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2017, 09:13:32 AM »
Hello Alan, I have seen the reset, thank you. Why did I mention something is not correct? Since I heightened the antenna, I have been getting irrational flying patterns of several air planes, criss crossing all over the place. Furthermore I had excellent coverage of LGSA / CHQ, where I could see the planes taxing to their final stop, every turn on the ground etc. Now I can not and planes even"overshoot" the runway and it takes several seconds longer before I get the correct height and speed. This did not show with the "blocked", low antenna. It is easy for me to write this stuff, as after a couple of weeks looking at AirNav I know exactly what to expect and look for. Anyways, it's Saturday, so I can monitor the progress closely. It will be an interesting day. Kind regards,

Markos