anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hardware connection keeps failing  (Read 21307 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Hardware connection keeps failing
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »
This problem does seem intermittent. This morning I ran mine for just 1 hour before it disconnected - this afternoon it has been going since 12:00 on network and is still connected at 16:56.... I am going to shut it down myself in a moment as I want to change locations from Den to Loung so that can keep half an weye on it while watching the news.... I have a laptop. Performance is definately better now all the power savers have been switched off but it is not perfect - yet.

I have also advised Airnav direct earlier today and just keeping you all informed on this thread.

Mike

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
Allocator :
Send a message to support first, and then we will send you instructions on how to send the debug file.

Work is underway to rectify this issue. Please bear with us.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 04:00:11 PM »
Maybe I haven't sent the error report to AirNav Support!

Mail bounced with the following message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
    host 70.85.58.228 [70.85.58.228]: 554 5.2.2 Mailbox has exceeded the limit

Did you attempt to send a file without zipping it up first - If so I got a similar error the other day. Zip it up and try again.

Mike

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »
Allocator :
Send a message to support first, and then we will send you instructions on how to send the debug file.

Work is underway to rectify this issue. Please bear with us.

Thanks Airnav, zipped file sent OK.

Allocator

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 05:09:10 PM »
author=Roadrunner
Did you attempt to send a file without zipping it up first - If so I got a similar error the other day. Zip it up and try again.

Mike

Thanks Mike, error report sent now.

Brisbane

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 07:41:56 PM »
Just to keep everyone up to date, had a reply from Support saying its possible there may be a patch available in 1-3 WEEKS!  It affects both laptops and desktops, mine is installed on a desktop.

Allocator

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 08:47:58 PM »
For some odd reason, RadarBox runs like a dream on my laptop - no hardware disconnects for the last 3 hours anyway!

The laptop is a fairly middle-of-the-road Centrino machine about 8 months old.  It also has a wide-screen which is great for the RadarBox software as it allows you to see more of the aircraft list and screen when they are displayed side by side.

Hopefully AirNav will have had enough error logs to find something in common that is causing the disconnects.  In the meantime, I'll be running BaseStation/SBS-1 on my desktop, and RadarBox on the laptop.

As far as performance differences between RadarBox and SBS-1, I really don't think that there is much between them.  I'm seeing some live tracks on RadarBox that I'm not seeing on the SBS, and vice versa.  I've set the timeouts on both to more or less the same. It's the RadarBox network data that makes the difference for sure, although the mixture of live and network traffic does take a little getting used to.

sleepylondon

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 09:32:15 PM »
The same is happening for me and the only way to restart it after it disconnects is to CTRL ALT DEL to get it up and running again.

i did notice that at night when no traffic is going into my local airport, it stays connected, which is not good at all i know that, as the point is to see traffic, but it may help support.

I understand this is a new product and we must sit back and give them time, and to their credit, the email support is first rate.

But i agree , a fix sooner rather than later is needed. I am sure they are onto it.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 11:52:51 PM »
Starting tomorrow our development team will fully dedicated to the correction of the reported problems and implementation of new features. Expect some news and direct contact from us during this week.

b744

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 08:41:33 AM »
At last seemed to be working without continual dropouts, so I felt brave and ticked the "get network flights "....bad idea. Lights went out, waved a little white flag and thats my session ending with a full pc shutdown !!
I do hope your dedicated team sort this out because its getting past the amusing stage for such an expensive bit of kit.

cedric

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
Hello has all,

- RadarBox tested on 3 PC = even problem
- addition of 512 Mo of RAM and desactivation of the energy saving on the controllers “usb” on my portable = even problem.

My request for support by email is always on standby of an answer.

While waiting for the resolution of this problem I leave my Radar box “on-line” as often as possible 20h/24h… to make benefit the other users data of flights collected.

Besides this problem I am only satisfy of the “RadarBox” of local use (My flight)….

Sorry for English (machine translation) French with English.
Cédric.