anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hardware connection keeps failing  (Read 21308 times)

b744

Hardware connection keeps failing
« on: July 10, 2007, 04:41:51 AM »
Recent problem...this morning. The little blue lights stop flashing and the connection fails. After a few minutes it re-finds itself and works again. Tried checking all connections and shut down the application and restarted but just the same. Anybody else had anything similar ??
Thanks

prbflight

Re: Hardware connection keeps failing
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 04:53:25 AM »
I've noticed the same thing a few times.  When this happens the Hardware Connected box momentarily turns to red and tells me the hardware is not connected.  In a few seconds it corrects itself.  I've only had my box up and running for a couple of hours on and off as I get to know my way around the software.

Cheers

Paul

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:26:52 AM »
Your lucky mine turns off and I have to restart the program each time.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 01:19:04 PM »
If you are connected over a long USB cable with extenders then the USB connection may drop. The software should then reconnect asp and it should not cause too much of an issue.

If its causing you restart then please contact support with the issue and request to send them a debug file. You need to contact support for bug reports so we can identify and fix them. The forum does not allow file transfers so this is not place for that kind of support.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Brisbane

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:23:31 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Mine shuts down anywhere between 10-50 mins. Have been exchanging E's with support but not fixed yet. The USB and signal lights just go slower and then stop all together. Have been told to check CPU usage over 10 mins of use, but is always less than 50%. Sent debug file a couple of days ago, still waiting to hear back. Getting a bit frustrating all this.

b744

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 04:58:45 AM »
Ironic we're talking about new features when at the moment I would be happy with a box that didn't keep losing its connection to my laptop.Been worse today than I've seen it and can only be discribed as totally unacceptable.
A fix is needed now.
Rgds
an unhappy radarbox user !!

cedric

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 02:10:12 PM »
Hello has all,

I encounter the same problem since the beginning. If I am only “My flights” 20 - 50 flights all are well, but dice which I activate “network” 200 - 300 flights the load memory goes up quickly has 120 Mo and the “RadarBox” is disconnected.

The solution then consists in removing the flights “network” the load memory takes again a value from 10 to 50 Mo (function of the number of flights followed by the “RadarBox”).

While passing from a mode regularly one made a success of the other has to avoid this problem. I am under XP PRO with a PC of last generation but only 512 Mo of RAM, I ordered a bar memory to pass has 1Go by hoping that that regulates the problem of the very greedy software in memory.

Besides this problem I am very satisfy of the “RadarBox” of local use (My flights).

I subjected the problem by email to the support two days ago.

Sorry for English (machine translation) French with English.

Cédric.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brisbane

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 10:57:53 PM »
Had this e-mail from Roadrunner this morning, might help others. He was advised to switch off the power managment to the USB hubs. Go to Device manager and check the power management settings. Mine were set to switch of to save power. I've unchecked these and so far it has been running for an hour and a half without shutting down, the longest it's run since delivery last Friday. Fingers crossed, eh

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:39:10 PM »
Hi Brisbane,

Can you confirm you have a laptop with RadarBox, as the power management should only affect laptops (as they are usually default set to save power unlike desktops)

Thanks
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:16:18 AM »
I don't know if Airnav have made any changes to the network at their end but last night, for the first time my Radarbox using a laptop stayed connected to the network, with all functions operating for 3 hours and agin this morning has been network connected for over an hour so far. The changes to the USB power management may have been a major factor in this so thanks to DaveG for pointing this out to me and I hope the guys I passed it on to have also benifited. So if you have a laptop switch off all power management systems - it could well help.

spotter70

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »
i have a laptop and a desktop pc and i do take my laptop out and about so after reading the problems some of you guys  are experiencing  .
Can some put on a step by step guide to dealing with this power mangement problem how to deactivate .
At present i have used my laptop with Radarbox for over 2 hours without incident but would like to know anyway just in case a Prob does occur
Regards
Spotter70

Brisbane

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 10:55:07 AM »
Hi spotter 70. You need the sequence Start>Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>System>Hardware>Device Manager. You will then see a list of devices. Double click on USB Controllers and you will see USB root hub. Double click on this, then Power Management. You will see a ticked box " Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power". Untick this box, press OK and repeat the operation for the other USB root hubs you may have.
My desktop worked for an hour and half last night, the longest so far. Will run it all day today to see if its fixed the problem.   

Brisbane

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »
Hi all, well just as I thought the problem was solved, my box has seized up again. What is going on. Why are some working OK and others like us having no end of problems. Grrrr!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »
OK, so I've turned to the Dark Side and got myself a RadarBox.  Only minor snags apart from the hardware disconnection problem.  I've sent an error report direct to AirNav Support, but this message is just to keep people informed.

I'm running an AMD 64 Athlon processor based system running at 2Ghz and with 1 Gb of RAM.  Operating system is Win XP SP2.

I've tried the obvious things, different USB leads direct to 2 different USB ports on the PC.  With and without network data.  Disabling other USB hubs/devices - but I've not been able to solve the problem yet.

Funnily enough, I haven't suffered the disconnect when using my laptop (similar specification, but newer that the desktop) - although I've not had it running on the laptop for any length of time.  I do get occasional USB disconnection problems with the SBS-1 as well, but these are exceptional rather than routine.  It does seem like we have a trend here with the RadarBox software, rather than a problem with individual PC's.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »
Maybe I haven't sent the error report to AirNav Support!

Mail bounced with the following message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
    host 70.85.58.228 [70.85.58.228]: 554 5.2.2 Mailbox has exceeded the limit