anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 3535 times)

spanman

Help Please
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
Hi Guys,
             I'm currently setting up a working ANRB at the Manchester Airport Viewing centre . The lap top  is running on Vista basic. ANRB  2008 will work perfectly well with an internet connection but if I start the programme without internet everything flashes as it should but nothing at all is picked up within my flights.Tried starting with a connection and then disconnecting but as soon as as I do this all flights TIMEOUT. Any help please as I want to be able to sell lots !! Cheers,
                                       Mark
Flybe Crew on the Dash 8 Q400  Embraer 175
and Embraer 195

Airmad

Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:52:09 AM »
Hi mark look at small plug on antenna lead and see if centre pin is showing. if not
push on lead and make it come forward thats the best i can tell you. hope this helps tony.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
Being on the internet or not should not affect your flights picked by your antenna.

Confirm when you connected to the net you are showing flights in your MyFlights list?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

spanman

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply ,When not connected to the internet I'm getting nothing at all in my flights,with all indications saying I should. When connected I'm picking ALL up no problem at all.
Flybe Crew on the Dash 8 Q400  Embraer 175
and Embraer 195

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »
Is your aerial being affected by interference from the airport ? Does the unit work on the aerial when away from the location.

Also, and not wishing to appear to teach you to suck eggs - have you got the "Process hardware flights" ticked ? :-)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 07:42:23 PM »
Mark,

I've run my RadarBox very successfully on the laptop from the Manchester Aviation Viewing Park car park about 50 ft from the shop.  I don't think that it's interference, unless it's very localised.

- You have got the antenna out in the clear haven't your?

- Are you using the supplied RadarBox antenna, or are you using another antenna?

- Just confirm that with the Internet connection, you have aircraft in Network list and the MyFlights list?

- When you disconnect from the Internet, the flights in the MyFlight list and the Network list disappear - this shouldn't happen, you should always have flights in MyFlights if you have the antenna attached and in the open.

Let us know how you are getting on - RadarBox is fantastic at Manchester, watching the aircraft through the binoculars and on the screen!

See this thread for some screenshots:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=746.msg5659#msg5659

Allocator
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:28:43 PM by Allocator »