AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: server  (Read 5146 times)

wheeler

server
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:33:51 PM »
Is there a prob with the server as i can't rec any flights via network,and when ever i try to do anything like tools/interface etc it all locks up and have to close the program should it keep doing this, still rec flights live but if i try to do anything it just locks uk ???
cheers wheeler

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: server
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »
I am starting to wish that AirNav would be a bit more forthcoming about server outages - it seems that we users always have to ask what's going on.

AirNav - could you please START threads to notify us about significant outages? It would save us all being paranoid about our internet connections!

I'm assuming that we are currently experiencing one now!

Rod
Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 03:38:06 PM »
This issue is being investigated.

If we are conducting maintenance on the server it usually means which the server will be down for a few mins to about 15 minutes to the max. These are minor disruptions and done at low usage times and we don't think they need to be advised (sometimes they done immediately).

Other outages as today’s are issues relating to the server running and then take a vast amount of our time to find and rectify the cause. Again sometimes it may be a very quick and the server is back up within a few minutes. If its a minor fix its easy for us to fix it and saves time having to write a post about it. If its serious we are all busy running around trying to fix it :) (Catch 22 situation)

We do though hope to have a server status page in the future.

"It would save us all being paranoid about our internet connections! " :). If everything else on the net works then assume the server is down.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »
Fair enough - thanks for the quick reply!

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:38:57 PM »
The Network looks OK now.

Thanks Support :-)

wheeler

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »
Thanks Mr AIRNAV for the quick reply but it would be nice to know if there is a problem.
Because when ever there is a problem we all think it must be our selves so we start messing getting more frustrated when it still don't work start tho think where the hammer is only to find out its not our problem
cheers wheeler

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 06:43:11 PM »
For what it's worth, I think any scheduled server maintenance should be broadcast to the users as a matter of courtesy, however short the forecast duration.  It would only take seconds to post a warning of your intentions, even if the duration was so brief as to be unnoticed.  It's a good customer relations policy.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 07:06:31 PM »
wheeler,

As mentioned we hope to add a server status page in the future.

Deadcalm,

We would agree with you if its longer than 20 mins, but a lot (95%) our maintenance means a restart and its less than 2 minutes downtime. You would get bored of the posts :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]