AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB on two screens  (Read 4880 times)

wheeler

RB on two screens
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:15:30 PM »
Its me again
Does any one know it its possible to run RB within two screens
i use two screens connected to the computer so i can do things in one screen seperate from the other screen, what i would like to know is can you run the map in one screen and the interface in the other just wondered if possible
cheers wheeler

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: RB on two screens
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »
And it's me again too - you just can't get away from me :-)

Funnily enough, I installed a second LCD to my setup on Saturday using the dual (DVI and VGA) outputs on my video card.  No, you can't have the map on one screen and the interface on the other as you can't "undock" the map from the RB interface.  You could drag the whole interface over 2 screens to give you a full screen map and a full screen interface if you wanted.  Or you could leave half of one of the screens to display another program.

My problem is that the 2 screens I use are on different screen definitions, so this complicates it a bit if I drag across both.  So what I do is have RB on the big screen and FireFox and my radio scanner interface on the other - it's like having 2 computers :-)

Hopefully, AirNav will develop RB to allow the map and/or the lists to be undocked.

wheeler

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »
Hello
Oh i find you are very helpfull well thats not what i really want ahh well just a thought well i have been using two screens for a long time i first used extra pci card still wokrd the same but i have a twin output, well thats a shame well mr AIRNAV people get ya thinking caps on he he he
cheers for now wheeler

billmurphy

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:57:22 PM »
Yeah I tried the two screen thingy, but like you say you cannot undock the map screen. Perhaps its one for 1.6 0r (1.7)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »
It has been requested, however it will need a revamp of the User Interface which isn't a easy task. However it is one that will be tackled in future versions.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Spaice

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:39:08 AM »
I agree, un-docking the map or interface would be very useful, the use of two screens whilst using RB and a computer controlled scanner is good but havng the map and interface on two screens would make an already great product even beter.

steveb25

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 10:38:06 AM »
Have to totally agree.