anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Big problems with "my flights"  (Read 5965 times)

flyboy4321

Big problems with "my flights"
« on: May 10, 2008, 02:37:21 PM »
I'm having problems with tracking my flights. When I run the program, there are no flights showing. If I then go to another tag, for instance, network flights then return to my flights, hey presto! live flights are displayed. However, after about a minute, the message *timeout* pops up then all of the live flights disappear. Indications on the unit are ok, ie, the blue and white lights are flashing furiously so it's obviously receiving data. I double checked this by switching the antenna to a *rival* package to the Radarbox and that works fine. therefore, after consulting the seller and being talked through a few procedures, I came to the conclusion that the unit was U/S. I returned it and received a new one and....guess what?......same same problem occurs.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be? I'm at my wits end!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Big problems with "my flights"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
Turn off your network flights fully, does it last longer now?. We have never seen the "network flights then return to my flights, hey presto! live flights are displayed" issue before.

Also which software version are you using?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

flyboy4321

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »
I'm using ANRB13. If I go to USB hardware manager and disable/ enable the port, live flights return then disappear after a minute.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »
I'm using ANRB13. If I go to USB hardware manager and disable/ enable the port, live flights return then disappear after a minute.

Are you running on a laptop?

Sounds to me like the USB port is going to sleep maybe?

If you right click on the AirNav driver in the USB properties (Hardware Manager), what version of the driver are you running?

When you go to "About", what Firmware version is displayed - can't remember if this shows with V1.3 though.

flyboy4321

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:17:02 AM »
Just to complicate things even more...I've installed RB2007 onto my laptop. Now what I get is zero My Flights although aircraft are showing on the screen. I have a connection and green light from network but I was suspicious that this wasn't working as there were hardly any targets displayed. I zoomed out to most of europe and saw nothing. If I disconnect the network, it still shows targets!  I reckon that my flights are showing in the network header. My head is absolutely done in over this. All I want is a package that works....PLEASE HELP!!!

flyboy4321

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »
A footnote to the last message. I cured the problem by reinstalling the program. Works OK now but not sure what caused the problem in the first instance. Now that I've ascertained that the program works, I've narrowed the problem down to the Drivers on my PC. Can anyone advise me on how to reinstall them? Thanks.

steveb25

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »
flyboy why are you runing RB2007, the latest version is RB2008

flyboy4321

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 12:46:29 PM »
I was running RB2008 but uninstalled it and reinstalled 2007 on new disk. Trouble is, I no longer have the file and can't remember where I downloaded it from!

steveb25

flyboy4321

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »
Thanks Steveb25.

steveb25

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 02:02:11 PM »
No problems