anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB please help  (Read 4628 times)

wheeler

RB please help
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:36:52 AM »
Hi its me again
every time i try to run RB it locks up for some reason then i have to close the program as it say not responding looks like its trying to connect to the server..when i go to tools/interface/left or right click on any and it just freezes..i have rebooted the computer till its driving me mad i have closed the program don't know how many times it does not matter what i do it feezes
wheeler

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: RB please help
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
Wheeler, the AirNav server was down for much of yesterday afternoon and evening due to maintenance.  I don't have my RadarBox with me at the monent, so I can't check if the server is OK now.  It could be a server connection issue you are having - is you PC connecting to the Internet OK otherwise?

You could try deselecting "Share Data" and Network traffic if you can get that far.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:53:01 AM by Allocator »

belgianguy

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »
Think the server is down again because can't retrieve no more flights from the network. This morning it was ok, just that i still have the problem of not able to download pictures.

Belgianguy

wheeler

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »
Hi Allocator
Many thanks for that as all ok now wondered if it was that but as a newbie i didn't know this,so even if you are running live no network connection you will still get this problem???. Mind you before the server was down i was running it with the network connected but could not disconnect from the network..thanks for that all seems ok now..
phew
many thanks for that wheeler

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »
No problem Wheeler, always a pleasure :-)

There are 2 parts to the network connection, data download - that's you getting the network tracks from the AirNav server, and data upload - that's you sharing your live data with the server.

You stop data download by unticking the "Network Flights" box below the Network aircraft list and you stop upload by deselecting "Share Flight Data" in File | Preferences.

My RB tends to take a few seconds on startup to connect to the server to get network traffic - it looks like its frozen, but it's just "thinking" and then the network tracks appear.  If the server is down, after this short pause, I just get "0" in the network aircraft list and live tracks show fine.

The autopopulate doesn't seen to cause a problem if the server is down, all that happens is that nothing gets populated.

If I'm running RB without an Internet connection, I tend to deselect "Share Flight Data" as sometimes RB attempting to upload live data causes the program to slow down a bit.  Leaving the "Network Flights" box ticked doesn't seem to be a problem with no Internet.

I presume that you are running V1.5 - I've probably asked this already :-)

wheeler

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
Ok many thanks for that but everything just froze couldn't do anything it just locked up other wise i would have disconectet from network, if i just loaded up RB i could see live data but once i clicked on anything it just froze and said not responding so i just clicked on all the error reports and sent them off must be about 30 that should give old Bill something to do
cheers wheeler