AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photo not available  (Read 25929 times)

Rod W

Re: Photo not available
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 07:28:26 PM »
Hi,

Likewise, me too!

I can get more photo's running the 2007 software than with the 2008 version.
Checking on the folder containing the photos in both of the software packages the 2007 version contains far more photos than the 2008 folder, about 10 times as many at a guess. So I've swapped the folders around, much better now!

However, I do believe there is a common problem obtaining photos from on line as I don't appear to be able to recover any that way. If the photo is not in the folder then nothing is displayed. The counter in the bottom righthand corner ticks away but always reports as not found.
May be it is as you suggest a server problem in that area as the rest of the on line network data is working very well.  Over to the server maintainers for comment please!
Cheers
Rod W...enjoying the Radar Box...still very impressed

HNERY

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 06:54:14 AM »
At last I've found other radarbox owners with the same photo not available problem. I cannot solve the issue either. I have the latest 2008 download and the problem appears to have arrived with that download.  G4MHQ

pcochrane12

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »
yep same prob here
have just clicked onto a missing photo for a kc135 and been directed to airliners.net and theres the photo no prob??
cheers paul

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 08:01:37 AM »
At last I've found other radarbox owners with the same photo not available problem. I cannot solve the issue either. I have the latest 2008 download and the problem appears to have arrived with that download.  G4MHQ

If the photos are not downloading, I can assure you that it is nothing to do with V1.5 which I have been using since it was released.

However, there does seem to be an issue with the photo download at the moment, but as I don't quite know how this works, I can't suggest where the problem might be.  I suspect that RB gets the thumbnail photos via the AirNav server rather than direct from airliners.net, so in that case it is an issue for AirNav to look into.

As a temporary, although time consuming fix, it is possible to manually download the thumbnails and save them in the /Data/Photos directory.  I do this anyway for pictures that are not on airliners.net, but are available elsewhere.  I use a thumbnail width of 300 pixels.  Remember that naming the photos is critical and the format is:

G-AAZZ.jpg - for the first thumbnail

G-AAZZ,2.jpg - for the second thumbnail

This is fairly impractical for all the thumbnails (I have over 16,000 jpg's now) but if you really need a thumbnail for a particular aircraft, then this is the answer until AirNav sort out the server - if that is the problem.

Rod W

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for all of the comments and advise re obtaining photo's.

To be honest I'm not that bothered and happy to wait for the fix as all of the info I need to see is still appearing. The photos really just complete the package I feel.

Can we assume that AirNaV are aware and are on the case?

Cheers, Rod W

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »
We are on the case, Nothing wrong with RadarBox 2008 as far as we are aware as it all worked fine when it was released.

We are looking into what has gone wrong server wise.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Rod W

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
Thanks for picking the problem up.....I'd agree that it does seem to point to the server as the RadarBox appears to be doing what it should, at least from what I can make out as a new user

It's still a ggggggreat device with or without the pics!

Cheers

Rod W

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 05:46:29 PM »
Can you guys confirm this is not a problem now. We have installed a fresh version of RadarBox 2008 today and it was downloading pitcures fine and showing them in RadarBox.
[email protected]

Titan

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 05:53:52 PM »
I have noticed that I am getting a lot more photos being downloaded than before( I have only had my Radar box for about a month), so that would be a thumbs up from me.
regards
Mark
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:01:12 PM by Titan »

Airmad

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 03:31:19 AM »
here's one that as a photo. but no photo available on RB. hope this help you

[attachment deleted by admin]

Allocator

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »
Photo download seems to be working fine for me now :-)

belgianguy

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 09:07:16 AM »
Hi,

I deleted and installed my previous version 1.5 a few times and nothing changed.
Now I've downloaded and installed the newest version and now everything seems to work great. The program is downloading all the pictures.

It could be my impression, but I think the autopopulate function also works much better now.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »
Thanks.

Airmad,

A picture with that aircraft is not found in airliners.net database hence there is no picture displayed.
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »
This one on airliners.net do you mean :-)

Maybe the AirNav server database search works differently?

Allocator

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 12:42:44 PM »
G-OPJB has autopopulated OK sometime in the past as I already have the aircraft details and the thumbnails in my database.