anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts  (Read 4862 times)

spotter1964

Alerts
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
Hi Airnav/All

I just loaded the new version 1.5, and so far great except for the alerts. In 1.3 and previous the full aircraft/hex details would appear on the alert, now I just get a small notification box. I use this feature the most to alert me of new aircraft sightings so I dont have to sit watching all day. Is this me, or does everyone get the same alert, or do I need to adjust something

Thanks Paul

Marinus

Re: Alerts
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:31:34 AM »
Hello Paul,

Well alerts wasn't working for me in previous versions (1.3 & 1.4),
it would hang Radarbox and I would have to restart again.

I'm experiencing the same thing as you, that is.... my first alert message shows
a blank notification box without text, if I shut the notification box without deleting
the message the next alert I then receive  all is OK, the notification box appears
on screen with the alert message.

Hope that helps,

Marinus.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:54:14 AM »
Marinus, Paul,

I use alerts and as you say only get a box that says (for example) RadarBox Alert at 2008/04/08 10:06:42 UTC. If you look in the alert box all you get in there is "Received Mode-S: AE03E1"

No details of what aircraft the data is for like before?

What I am also doing is using the email facility to myself and I get a full alert via email for every aircraft in my list and for each option chosen. Example:-
Alert Time: 2008/04/07 15:33:03
Received Mode-S: AE10C0

Total flight information:
Flight ID:
Aircraft: C17
Routing:
Altitude: 30000
Speed:
Heading:

Lots of data is missing as I have chosen a non ADS-B aircraft (US Military) but for civil aircraft more information is normally given.

However, it would be nice to have the detail we used to have in the initial alert box.

One thing I can't seem to get to work is multiple email addresses. Is there a problem with that ?

Mike

Rockeyes

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 06:26:09 PM »
I was searching the forum to see how I can collate the alerts but unfortunately I cannot find them stored anywhere. Any ideas?

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »
I am not sure that they are sored but probably flushed when you close down the system ?

Mike

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 07:49:39 PM »
I was searching the forum to see how I can collate the alerts but unfortunately I cannot find them stored anywhere. Any ideas?

Depending on how many alerts you are setting, you can use the MyLog filters to look at the traffic received - only works with the "live" flights though, whereas Alerts can be set to work with Network flights too.

I tend to use ModeS = 43C*

and select today, last hour etc

This doesn't help if you have loads of alerts for individual aircraft though, but for a "block" of aircraft it's OK.

Rockeyes

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 09:08:05 PM »
Thanks for that. What I am trying to do is compile a databank of aircraft and its flight details when they enter an area set by the alert function.
It seems that once the criteria of the trigger has been met the only way to keep the information is by emailing it, then by opening dozens of emails and manually copying the data.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
Doctor Alan's Overflight Logger for the SBS-1 almost works with RB.  I'm not clever enough to rework the vb code, and I think that because RB port 30003 is only putting out MSG 3 at present, the callsigns are missing.

Is there anyone clever enough to get into the guts of this?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robinsonfizz/Alansworld/sbs-1/ofl/