anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Amazing Accuracy  (Read 5300 times)

spotter70

Amazing Accuracy
« on: July 09, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
hello Fellow users
I took my RB out to a Friends house on Sunday with my laptop as a computer source.
Setup with no network coverage so it was just recieving traffic,i also set up a 5mile zone for passing traffic with alerts switched on.
A clear day down here  in Kent everything that passed or was in range checked out through "Bins" verification a good day was had bagged loads
1 point though there was a Biz jet passing overhead but was not caught or alerted on the screen however it flagged up in the description column as a Net jets CS machine
is this a potential problem or just a dodgy signal.
regards
adam

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Amazing Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »
Hi there,

I live under apporach to runway 26 at Luton and most bizz jets do not feature on SBS1 or RB. This is not a fault but due to most companies not having ADS-B fitted (ADS-B is the part of the kit that gives position reports thus enabling tracking).  However, if you have the altitude showing and or a radio it is possible to tie up radio postiton reports giving call-sign and altitude and tieing up with the aircrft list. At this time only SBS1 gives altitude for non ADS-B aircraft but it has been requested (and accepted by Airnav) as a future requirement

spotter70

Re: Amazing Accuracy
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:18:45 AM »
thanks very much for tying that up .
it just seemed strange that i saw it first flying overhead checked the radar screen and it was not there then suddenly flashed up on the description box .
regards
spotter70