anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB1 Found but hardware disconnected (Windows updates killed the drivers?)  (Read 2620 times)

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
I have been running my RadarBox just fine with 5.00.072 for about a year on my PC (Win10). I shut the computer down for a couple days last week and then started it up again today.

When I run the application the splash screen shows "RB1 found" and then the applications starts. The blue light flashes during power on and power off of the computer and flickers on and off when starting the program.

Then, after the application gets going on the bottom left corner of the application screen the hardware icon goes yellow for just a second then reverts to red "Hardware: Not connected" and of course the thing doesn't work.

I tried it on another computer that worked fine in the past and exactly the same situation (Win7 in Parallels on an iMac with 5.00.071)

So I uninstalled the application and downloaded the current 6.00.000 version as well as the driver package (2.08.30). According to the Device Manager the drivers are up to date. Still no joy.

Next I deleted the drivers from the Device Manager and tried to reinstall. The system reports an error that the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. I turn off Driver Enforcement and restart and it all works well now.

So the question remains: What is the status of certified Windows 10 drivers? With MS pushing Windows 10 on all of us (at least here in the USA) getting certified drivers is going to be pretty important...