AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PlanePlotter Sharing  (Read 5596 times)

turbo825

PlanePlotter Sharing
« on: April 01, 2016, 04:14:15 AM »
I am attempting to share data with RadarBox24 using the PlanePlotter secondary sharing option.  PlanePlotter is configured to send data to RadarBox24 on a 15 second sharing cycle.  I have confirmed that PlanePlotter is receiving aircraft from dump1090, yet the RadarBox24 page "My Stations" does not show I am not tracking any aircraft or displaying any type of range plot. Is anyone else having the same issue?  Help would be very much appreciated.

Runway 31

Re: PlanePlotter Sharing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »
Have you linked the receiver to your account, if not contact support@airnavsystems who will carry out the linking for you

Also while PP is receiving the data, is it going out.  You should see Sharing upload to Airnav Systems.com every 15 seconds and sharing complete on the grey band bottom left of the map if it is.

Alan

turbo825

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 02:12:54 PM »
I have emailed RadarBox24 and they have linked my feed to a station.  On the website, under "My Stations," it lists PP-AI, which is my sharecode.  I can confirm that I see a notification in PlanePlotter that says something along the lines of it has uploaded data to airnav. Also, I share data to FlightAware using PlanePlotter, and all my data is successfully uploaded to their site, so I do not believe it is a PlanePlotter issue.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:41:02 AM »
Please be advised that I have been informed that PP shares show the sharer as ADSB.

What type of receiver are you using to share as there may be other ways to share and allow you to be able to show as the sharer.

Where are you located to allow me to look for you?

Alan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:22:54 AM by Runway 31 »

turbo825

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 02:05:25 PM »
My reciver is a dvtb dongle and dump1090 for Windows. As for the area I am in,  there are other feeders that have recivers provided by RadarBox24. Now I am using PlanePlotter and not the Windows feeding software, which did allow me to see my tracked aircraft, but the program was too CPU intensive to run for extended periods of time.  In fact, it was using twice the CPU resources than PlanePlotter according to task manager.