anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Outline colour?  (Read 4568 times)

airbus340

Outline colour?
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:33:20 AM »
Hi all

I never got the Airnav software to work on my old radar computer, bought a new computer last week and it worked right away so I am very happy, this is now my new favorite software.

After I have been trying all the options, I decided that I want to add danger areas and other stuff to the map. The first I did was to add some lakes so I know where I am and I changed the outline colour in the .out file to 2 (blue) but when I change the colour in the lakes it change my airport colours at the same time...

I see in the colour settings tab that it say Hold, where can I find .out files for holding patterns?
I also see Type 25 - Type 30, if I want a specific colour for my danger area, should I for example type 25 in the .out file so I can set the colour to what I want in that colour box?

Sorry for my bad english but I hope you understand what I mean.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Outline colour?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
Hi Airbus340

I don't know where you can get hold outlines. I have Manchester holds if you are interested, but don't have any others.

You are right that File... Preferences... Mao Colors changes what the colours will be, and you can specify the $TYPE= colour in the .out files. I once tried to work out the Type numbers for the colours in preferences, and the only one I can remember is that Hold is Type 14.

If you want your danger areas to be red, I use Type=26 for red in my outlines (for control  towers and actual red markings), and I use Type=25 for lakes and waterways.

Hope that helps.
Rod

airbus340

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 01:32:37 PM »
Hi Rod

Thank you very much for your quick reply! Manchester is not interesting for me as I live in Sweden. But I can find holdings and other stuff in different maps and AIP and make the lines in Jordans Outline maker.

Good to know that i was on the right track with the colours, gonna try different colours tonight and see what I can do.

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 04:43:05 PM »
Good luck with that - if you are pleased with your results, I'm sure that other RadarBox users would like them too - please post them on the Outlines thread here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6887.0.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:45:11 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

airbus340

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 07:50:17 PM »
Thanks Rod, I will post them there if I manage to make something nice.

Another question for you, instead of make a new thread I ask here.

I deleted all oulines in the folder and only added my own files and the software got much faster. Is it possible to delete waypoints (fix) and VOR and NDB too and just keep them in my range? If so, in what file are they located and what software can open these files?

I also need to change some waypoint names that have been changed since the software came out.

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 09:37:15 PM »
All the things you mention are built in to the software - I don't think any of them are in separate files that you can delete or edit. So I'm afraid that the waypoint names, and even the airports with their extended centrelines are fixed, so we can't delete old ones or properly add new ones.

It would be nice if AirNav invested in new data sets for these for their next software releaase, but don't hold your breath!
Rod

airbus340

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 09:43:29 PM »
Thank you again Rod! Too bad we cant customize it as we want, but maybe one day...