AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox24 Micro Disappointment  (Read 8702 times)

lpj97007

RadarBox24 Micro Disappointment
« on: October 27, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »
I recently ordered and received a RadarBox24 Micro USB device.  For the first five days, the online software installation system was completely inactive in any of my four browser options.  I submitted contact forms asking for help, but more than a week later, no response at all.  However, on the sixth day, suddenly the software installation site was in operation and the software was downloaded and installed.

However, it appears that the only way to do anything other than Demo activities is to sign up for the free 15 days of database tracking, which is impossible, since the signup requires inclusion of the Radarbox serial number.  The RadarBox24 Micro has no serial number!  Again, I have sent contact forms, and again, absolutely no response.

I am now trying to find the address to which I can return this apparently useless big of instrumentation.  A very annoying and disappointing experience, I must say.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox24 Micro Disappointment
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
Hi lpj97007,

Firstly big sorry for the trouble caused and we will get you up and running with RadarBox24 Micro as soon as possible.

We haven't received any of your contact messages, if you do not get a ticket number it means the contact message either hasn't got to us or it was blocked due to spam.

We have your email address and you will be contacted direct.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

lpj97007

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 04:58:08 AM »
Thank you.  It's nice to know that there are human beings at the helm somewhere!

I've checked my spam folders, and no responses were there (and also no ticket numbers).

I'll wait to hear from you directly.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 09:17:53 PM »
lpj97007, please contact [email protected] with your email address to allow direct contact.  Airnav tried the email address they had and it was rejected.

Many thanks

Alan

lpj97007

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
Have done so two days ago, but no response.  Is anyone home?

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »
I will recontact them, what is your ticket ID number please.  Send me your email address and I will pass it on [email protected]

Alan
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:28:41 AM by Runway 31 »

lpj97007

RadarBox24 Micro Disappointment
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 04:36:34 PM »
Done, Alan.  But I have no ticket number, having never had a response to any of my contacts--including trying to establish a ticket number.

Thanks for your help.
Larry
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:38:06 PM by lpj97007 »

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 07:41:15 PM »
email address passed on and I have replied to you

Alan

JamesH

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 03:03:23 AM »
Optimize the Whip Antenna Which Is Supplied With DVB-T Dongle

When DVB-T Dongle is purchased, a whip antenna is supplied with it. Every beginner uses this whip in his starter setup.

Improve the performance of this whip antenna by three simple steps given below:

(1) Whip is too long for 1090 MHz. Cut it to 67mm.
(2) Magnetic base provides an insufficient ground-plane. Enlarge ground-plane by placing the whip over a Metallic Can/Box/Plate. An added advantage of placing whip over an iron/steel can is that whip's magnetic base will cling to the can and keep the whip stable & upright.
(3) Signal is weak indoors. Place whip near a window or in attic to get maximum signal.

JamesH

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 10:01:54 PM »
I know when I was using an Indoor Antenna I was only getting about 30nm but then I upgraded to an Outdoor Antenna and now get on average around 160nm !!

rocket

• Rocket Radio Letchworth
    • Rocket Radio Letchworth
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 07:38:00 PM »
Just to say, I have just received the RadarBox Micro and installed the software via radarbox24.com/micro

At no point during the installation process was I asked for a serial number for the device and it is working with the antenna as provided in the package without any trimming.

The screenshot is what I can see now
Best wishes
Mark
Rocket Radio

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 04:37:32 PM »
Looks OK Mark, will be even better with a suitable sighted Antenna without obstructions.  I will maybe get one for travelling.

Cheers

Alan