anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: That EUREKA Moment  (Read 3822 times)

golfboy

That EUREKA Moment
« on: April 25, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
After my last post "No Live Flights (EVER)",I returned my RadarBox to Primetec for them to check it out.I have just recieved it back and connected it to my PC.It was just the same,i.e. USB light flashing one time per second and the signal light as dead as a Dodo.No live flights on my screen,just a blank map,very depressing.
Then a light went off in my head and I remembered the post from Airmad "silly sma plug" which he posted after I had sent my box away.So I gave the antenna cable a push in and EUREKA, RadarBox lit up like a disco and my screen burst into life with live flights.Myflights was soon showing loads of aircraft.So this must have been my problem all along.I am sure Primetec checked out the RadarBox and found it to be OK,not sure if they checked the antenna connector?
It seems afew people have had this connector problem now,lets hope that the quality of the antenna connector will be improved in the future.
Anyway,from a very happy user,thanks AirNav support and thanks Airmad.
Golfboy   

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: That EUREKA Moment
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »
I'm glad that you are up and running :-)

There's nothing worse than getting a new "toy" and finding that it doesn't work - especially when it's cost a pretty penny!

All the best

Allocator

steveb25

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:30:26 PM »
I am wondering if sombody can come up with a permaent solution to this problem

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »
What exactly is loose, the antenna cable or the antenna connector on the RadarBox.

Nearly all SMA based cables with those antenna have those connections that way and actually allow a bit of give when connecting.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

steveb25

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:43:34 PM »
When you unscrew the sma plug from the back of the box and look at it the centre pin sometimes has disappeared or is only just showing.

If you hold the sma shell and push the cable towards the plug the pin re-appears.

It has happened once to me, but seems t have happened to others as well

golfboy

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 09:23:46 AM »
Yes,it is the connector on the cable at fault and not the connector on the back of the RadarBox.The centre pin seems to have the ability to move backwards towards the cable.As Steve said ,by holding the connector body and pushing the cable towards it, the pin returns to its correct position.