AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Automated Screenshots  (Read 10180 times)

f6gsg

• Electa L12
Re: Automated Screenshots
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »
Hi roadrunner,

i don't realy understand because, i have also many flights in the alert list,
but when there is an alert, the flight is necessarily in MyFlights  list and
if there is right informations, show in the screen.

i don't understand how we can have an alert and display it in the list  15 minutes after ?

so i have put on alert all flight as *38 and i had an alert this afternoon with the A380 who is delivered to Singapour Air lines in real time (it's start from Toulouse and there was informations at TV).

Patrick / F6GSG

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 09:03:05 AM »
Patrick, sorry if I confused you. What I am trying to say is that at the time the alert is triggered (which is once only for each target) the particular aircraft may not be visible on the map nor may it be on view in the MyFlights list. In the case of the map, not all aircraft that are being displayed appear on the map , some may be off the map initially but heading your way, likewise the aircraft should be in the list but may not be in the part displayed on screen. As I type this I have had an alert for a flight from Gatwick with an Easyjet machine I am interested in. At this moment it is not on the map but if I zoom out it will show. It is also in the list but not in the 20 or so showing out of 37 in MyFlights. Therefore a print screen triggered by the alert would show nothing of the aircraft for which the alert was made.  The only visible sign on screen is the box at bottom right of screen showing "Radarbox Alert at 2008/04/27 08:15 51 UTC" which also does not assist in identifying the alerted aircraft.  Rather than use print screens for checking later on alerted aircraft I find that sending myself emails of the alerts gives me details of all that met the criteria.  Hope this is not too rambling and is understandable?

Regards Mike

Rockeyes

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 10:59:41 PM »
I think I see the point, but surely the range from location can set the trigger point? Remembering to set the screen scale to capture that area required.
The database would log the alerts and take the same series of snap shots in text form (with altitude and positional data).
So for example, I would like to monitor airport or position X, I set the location to that point, set the trigger radius and the software records or takes a series of snap shots whilst those parameters are satisfied.
The bonus to this as well as the obvious usefulness would be more units would be likely to be left on 24/7 monitoring, thus greatly increasing the network coverage.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 09:34:04 AM »
Provided the whole of the trigger area is on the screen then that would work :-)

Regards

Mike